[ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 KK Edition (Beta 7)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
*** note that they will always be risk in flashing firmware, flash at your own risk ****

Installation Steps

** note that this is only for revision 1(goodix) tablet **

1. Take note that you need to be on official 4.0.3 firmware(you can get a copy of it here)
2. Install CWM if you do not already have it(you can use KKRomkit9 to install it)
3. Download KK-CM9-B7 (here)
4. Copy CM9 zip file into internal storage or external sdcard
5. Boot into CWM using KKRomkit9
6. Select install zip from CWM

If you are unsure, do feel free to us. Better to know what you are doing before updating firmware.

Reference
- many thanks to the Cyanogenmod team
- CWM touch recovery reference from Team Chaos(here)
- A10 CM9 reference from Quarx2k(https://github.com/Quarx2k)

Last edited:

mauri72

Jul 28, 2012
Oh great! I can't flash this because I sent the tablet on a short holiday break, but I probably will as soon as I get it back.
Would be good to know what works and what doesn't work in this ROM. Graphics accelerator? camera? Skype, google Talk? Market after installing gapps? HDMI out? USB OTG?
Great work KK, just great.
thanks

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Oh great! I can't flash this because I sent the tablet on a short holiday break, but I probably will as soon as I get it back.
Would be good to know what works and what doesn't work in this ROM. Graphics accelerator? camera? Skype, google Talk? Market after installing gapps? HDMI out? USB OTG?
Great work KK, just great.
thanks

All those that you mentioned work.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Love you....in a manly kind of way of course!!! :p
Thanks, so so so much

The only issue I can think of is do not format your internal sdcard storage under settings or it will not work anymore. Do manual delete of files.

- Long pressed MENU for surprise
- Support DVI if you use a HMDI/DVI convertor(sound will stay with tablet)
- Able to play Temple Run.

Last edited:

thana07

Aug 4, 2012
Hello KK,

i install your Cyanogenmod Version, but on my Teclast P76 Ti the Touch Controller doesn't work anymore!
What can i do?

I installed now the original Rom from Teclast and everythink works fine.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hello KK,

i install your Cyanogenmod Version, but on my Teclast P76 Ti the Touch Controller doesn't work anymore!
What can i do?

I installed now the original Rom from Teclast and everythink works fine.

I am sorry. I forgot to mentioned that this only work for revision 1 tablet.

if you are interested, you can flash this touchscreen patch.

update-cm9-touchscreen-rev2.zip. either use a mouse to get into recovery or use the POWER+BACK button.

Last edited:

vashts

Aug 14, 2012
rom looks good, great work, but i have an issue...my internal sd card is now corrupt and will not mount. i tried everything i could. any fix you are aware of?

i guess ill try going back to stock, then to this rom and see what happens. i assume its probably a bad partition. alright so i flashed back to an older version, it was official but modded to have gapps, worked fine. then i flashed to this and corrupted sd again.

i tried installing the official rom in your 1st post, but it just says installation aborted. it will not install! this sucks! i need cm9 on this tablet. the 4.0.3 mod im using is way too clunky.

update: so i found out the hard way the official update is done in live suite (should probably mention that in first post for the noobs who don't know about that). and SUCCESS it works now! haha i should have followed instructions, but i figured the modded 4.0.3 roms out there are official they just added market and gapps and stuff. oh well should have known better.

please PLEASE give us cm10! that would be too awesome.

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
rom looks good, great work, but i have an issue...my internal sd card is now corrupt and will not mount. i tried everything i could. any fix you are aware of?

i guess ill try going back to stock, then to this rom and see what happens. i assume its probably a bad partition. alright so i flashed back to an older version, it was official but modded to have gapps, worked fine. then i flashed to this and corrupted sd again.

i tried installing the official rom in your 1st post, but it just says installation aborted. it will not install! this sucks! i need cm9 on this tablet. the 4.0.3 mod im using is way too clunky.

update: so i found out the hard way the official update is done in live suite (should probably mention that in first post for the noobs who don't know about that). and SUCCESS it works now! haha i should have followed instructions, but i figured the modded 4.0.3 roms out there are official they just added market and gapps and stuff. oh well should have known better.

please PLEASE give us cm10! that would be too awesome.

there is one rom out there that has a different partitions layout from the official Teclast firmware. It will not work well with this CM9 as I based it on official firmware.

I already have CM10 up and running but its not "good" enough for beta yet.

lancerakias

Oct 30, 2012
hi..a friend updated my android tablet sanei n10 to a cyanogen9 and the touchscreen didnt work...so i downloaded the update for the touchscreen from here and now the tablet cant open at all...when i push the power button only the screen works and shows nothing...any ideas?