[ROM][WIP][AMPE][NOVA] Phoenix A31 1.00

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Update from tragidy on deving today all hopei s not lost

Somewhere on the world wide web.....
Undisclosed location, March 16th 2013

Dorkfiles had a chance to catch up with tragidy, get some paperwork done and boom its done, we have tragidy as a dedicated dorkfiles developer he will be making his roms release back on dorkfiles.com from now and into the forseeable future.

We had a chance to talk with tragidy in an exclusive interview.

Dorkfiles: Glad to have you with us today, how are things in the developer world?

Tragidy: Thanks I am happy to be here :D As always (developing is) up in arms can’t develop fast enough for the masses who want compatibility packs for my roms.

Dorkfiles: Do you have a new project you want to tell the world about?

Tragidy: Yes, Indeed as many of you know the Allwinner A31 project on my end was cancelled and the tablet was donated to a charitable cause, however thanks to the many supporters and you (censored) I now have an official developer board from Allwinner the prototype build if you will, so to start since I am familar with the AMPE lineup I will be releasing an all new Android 4.2.2 ROM for devices using the Allwinner Chipset.

Dorkfiles: Excellent when can we expect to see a flashable ROM?

Tragidy: …....... soon.

Dorkfiles: Ok we will ease up on the pressure we understand you are a very busy developer and that you work until perfection can be attained, so do you have anything you want to say to the masses that will be reading this on the world wide web?

Tragidy: I support and love all of you, without you I am nothing.

Dorkfiles: Thanks Trag.

Tragidy: Anytime

You can expect to see tragidys work, posts and more showing up in his very own section on dorkfiles.com very soon.

Source - Tragidy Android ROMS Are Back Dork Files ;)

ald48752038

Mar 14, 2013
hi all, I have an ampe new A10, can anyone tell me where to download PHOENIX ROM 1.07 or 1.09?
thank you very much~~~

ald48752038

Mar 14, 2013
thank for all. I have already got the 1.07 rom. But when I put the rom to my device, it can`t go into the system, it stop at sencond monitor...

anyone now why? please~~~

bluelena69

Oct 7, 2011
thank for all. I have already got the 1.07 rom. But when I put the rom to my device, it can`t go into the system, it stop at sencond monitor...

anyone now why? please~~~

I am having the same issue...a boot loop where the Android man is standing with his arms crossed. I have re-flashed and have no luck. I also cannot get wireless to work with the stock ROM when I try to flash back. And McBub's Dropbox account for the Nova 10 firmware is locked for too much traffic. This REALLY sucks and I am looking for a solution so that I don't have a $200 paperweight sitting around. Any help would be much appreciated and bring much karma one's way...

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Their account isn't locked, I just tries the link, and anyhow I gave you guys 2 mirrors to download the stock nova 10 firmware. Wifi should work more than fine with the stock firmware, I got all stock, with just permissions changed for full market, no tradigy rom, nothing, and it all works.

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
The new bin has the 2.0GB system partition and loook like custom kernel too says on load screen 'KALAMiTY" spinning around some new team of developer i read of that rom made on ampe 10 will work on nova v1 forget the phenoix rom the forum owner here banned tragidy its no use to use that go with the new stuff.

masticdb

Mar 30, 2013
So I flashed with 1.07. It said successful in Phoenix. Now it won't boot up and it ignores the home key so I can't re-flash. When I plug it into my Windows 7 machine it says it cannot find the driver (Android) and Phoenix does not see it. Anyone know how to flash this again now that the home key doesn't keep it from turning on when the usb is plugged in? HELP

Issues :
Successful flash to 1.07 per Phoenix
Device powers on but no picture / boot
Holding home key does not stop the device from powering on when usb is inserted for re-flash
Windows does not recognize the driver after flash so Phoenix does not show tablet.
Need to revert to stock firmware but cannot get device to start upgrade since home key is not working.

HELP!

Last edited:

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Why is everyone still falshing this Rom, when its clearly broken, and enough people on this thread have said so.

Holding down the power+volume buttons should boot the tablet into bootloader which pheonix rom should then recognise and start to flash the firmware, but select a firmware first before you connect the tablet.

masticdb

Mar 30, 2013
Why is everyone still falshing this Rom, when its clearly broken, and enough people on this thread have said so.

Holding down the power+volume buttons should boot the tablet into bootloader which pheonix rom should then recognise and start to flash the firmware, but select a firmware first before you connect the tablet.

Unfortunately.. this A31 tablet does not have volume buttons.. only a ESC/Home button. Anyone familar with the board enough to point where I could jump two pins to make it think the volume is being hit? Otherwise it's back to the manufacuter because I didn't read all the way through.. I just wanted a rom that works with Hulu. 1.31 and 1.35 do not let Hulu work.

Or a Driver that will work with this ROM on Windows 7 64bit so I can get Phoenix to recognize a tablet is plugged in and force a reboot into flash mode from it.

Last edited:

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
And no theres no point jumping anything to make it think its volume botton. The volume + power combination is pre-defined for the Nova a31 tablet, each tablet has their own way to boot into bootloader, some tablets dont have ny.

masticdb

Mar 30, 2013
I took the "
you are welcome to try it on other A31's however make sure you have backups or original firmware." from the first page to seriously. I have the Nextway F9X A31. But since this fi rwarre doesn't recognize the only other button on the device.. I'm stuck and game for anything.