[ROM] xFlytouch 1.9_88 v0.4 [RUDROID] ROOT, MARKET, 400Mhz KERNEL

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
44929_441470102948_579882948_5355844_7502502_n.jpg

Here my updated version of 1.988 v0.4a for Epad / Flytouch !
Market will work from flashing ROM, don't need any patch or manipulation etc.
Hope this suitable for 128Mb and 256Mb models.
This is experimental ROM

This is 128mb version!
Download xFlytouch.1.9.88.v4.7z

This is 256Mb version!
Download xFlytouch256.1.9.88.v4a.7z

0.4 initial [RUDROID] by HidePerso
*Google Market
*Rooted
*TxPower=30 in /system/etc/wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat
*New kernel (up to 400Mhz)
*New busybox 1.17.1
*New memory settings
?New bootscreen
+CachMate (Free)
+StartUp Manager
+MySettings
+RootExplorer
+ES Task Manager
+ES File Explorer 1.4
+Titanium BackUp (Free)
+SlideMe app
+AptoIde app
+Google Maps 4.4.0
+ConnectBot-svn-400
+Swapper 0.2.0

+ Ad blocking in hosts

+ADW.Launcher 1.1.1
+91iHome
+Home++
+Helix.launcher
+Home switcher (set and switch launchers)

?Change 3G config to work with Huawey 1550 (Megafon)
But you need unlocked modem and some more work. Read more here ZT-180 Forum (a105) :: UNTESTED!!

[email protected] for contactl thx

Note:
1. Usually I can't sign to Google by Ethernet, just by WIFI (typical error for this "There is a temporary error or your sin card is not provisioned for data services")

2. If you will start Market and get error " An error has occured. Please try again later. " Don't worry it is server-side problem. Just try time to time again to enter market and get Text of Agreement. When you agree with it - this error will never back (i hope)

3. Hibernate mode - you can get it to work state: use StartUp Manager and disable all user apps from auto startup (exept StartUp Manager and Swapper) and disable System Apps (exept Android system, Media Storage, Boot Receiver, Sync Feeds and Download manager)

4. How to get Root: Settings - Applications - Unable USB-debugging. Start Connect Bot - connect to local - type "su".

5. I am not include SetCPU into ROM - install it by yourself. Copy setcpu.txt to the root of your SD card.

6. If you wand get back 3G - delete pre_root_disk/system/etc/ppp directory before flash ROM.

chrisd1a1

Sep 5, 2010
hi, firstly thanks for this, i've installed and it's running fine in general.

i've downloaded setcpu and installed and i'm puzzled that it's only showing 350MhZ clock speed.

further it's locked to read only.

do i need to root before changing the clockspeed or should it work out of the box?

many thanks

chris

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Inside the script folder there is a file called SetCPU.txt copy this file to your root of your microSD Then run SetCPU again. You might have to go back into Manage Applications and remove prior settings for SetCPU.
When you launch SETCPU you need to select the last option so you would need to scroll down the list then select it. I have post showing videos of the rooted ROM there is a mention in Part 1 video how to go from 350MHz to 387.3MHz.
One warning though do not select set on boot until your unit is stable. Otherwise you'll have to re-ROM the unit
The ROM is rooted so when you apply it to your device.

chrisd1a1

Sep 5, 2010
Inside the script folder there is a file called SetCPU.txt copy this file to your root of your microSD Then run SetCPU again. You might have to go back into Manage Applications and remove prior settings for SetCPU.
When you launch SETCPU you need to select the last option so you would need to scroll down the list then select it. I have post showing videos of the rooted ROM there is a mention in Part 1 video how to go from 350MHz to 387.3MHz.
One warning though do not select set on boot until your unit is stable. Otherwise you'll have to re-ROM the unit
The ROM is rooted so when you apply it to your device.

thanks for this.seems to be running well at 400MhZ.

so far its very snappy no real lag. market working fine. sd card seems stable. g sensor rotates the screen fine.

can really see the difference at this clock speed. makes it a very usable device

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
That's great! If you connect that device via to your surround sound in the home or in the car stereo using AUX jack got a fun media player. There is a universal car mount for these tablets.

chrisd1a1

Sep 5, 2010
That's great! If you connect that device via to your surround sound in the home or in the car stereo using AUX jack got a fun media player. There is a universal car mount for these tablets.

Rofl, got this for my eleven year old as a christmas present. Just getting it up to a usable speed for her

Thanks again:)

landrecamelo

Oct 9, 2010
Thanks for this FW.
My friend, excuse my english, but is not my native language.
Well, i download this package, and try to install in my device. But when this boot up, don´t start the installation process.
I install others versions perfectly, but only the power button works. Others buttons, like volume, menu or frontal back button don´t work.
You or other member know what the solution for this case?
Thanks for your attention.
Luiz

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Must understand that your tablet has to be one of the flytouch generic clones ePad 128M or 256M with WMT8505 / WM8505. Other models like LY706, 7003 won't work because of the missing hardware features. Flytouch has Camera, uses 2 UsB and 10/100 ethernet jack 3G, If you after other than ePad then you won't be able to use this ROM and your features needed.

tariqsdk

Oct 4, 2010
hi,
I did the upgrade with 256mb rom, it shows me that the update is succesfull but after the reboot it shows me the error " SORRY Process System is not Responding"

what should i do?... i am doing this for the first time

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Tipstir! My god this version is awesome! I just put my Flytouch up for sale due the crappy performance, now I've put this version on it and it goes well. Only little thingie I ran into is the SD card, after hibernation it says it's corrupted, after a reboot it's just fine. Therefor I disabled device hibernation, is there maybe another way ?

Thnx for sharing this much great roms!

EDIT: Now it's not for sale anymore :)

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Some tweaks fix some of those issues. I'll have to write-up how-to-do-it..

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
Quick question, how do I check the speed at which my tablet is running, I have installed SetCpu and copied the setcpu.txt file to the sd root. I get a couple of force close (setcpu) before the tablet becomes stables... runs super fast, however I have no idea how fast as SetCpu gives me a dark screen when I try to open it. Anything I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
If you're using a Build WMT2.0_105 do not use any of the current ROMS for OEM / Generic Flytouch ePad. Your tablet is not the same model. If you do a processing error will appear.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Quick question, how do I check the speed at which my tablet is running, I have installed SetCpu and copied the setcpu.txt file to the sd root. I get a couple of force close (setcpu) before the tablet becomes stables... runs super fast, however I have no idea how fast as SetCpu gives me a dark screen when I try to open it. Anything I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

By default it's 350MHz, you could try 375MHz / 100MHz to see how stable it is. If you get this dark screen uninstall the SetCPU then re-install it. Then make sure the SetCPU.txt is in the Root. Now scroll down and select the last feature in SetCPU for it to work. This will only work on Rooted ROMs.