Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

Mar 20, 2013
I installed this upgrade on my 7048 it worked well, although iI did have to reinstall my textplus app afterwards I was still satisfied with the results. Thank you for gour hard work and sharing it with us! :D

hj33

Mar 23, 2013
PLEASE HELP. Like 1 day after I rooted my Coby Kyros MID 7036 with this, something in my tablet is restricting data from all apps except browser (google play, facebook, mc chat lite, etc.). Is there any fix to this? I really want my apps to have internet access. Heres some stuff I tried doing.
- clearing data on google play.
-rebooting multiple times
- re-rooting the process (not unrooting but rerunning the update proccess)
-disabling SuperUser
-getting on here xD

and yeah.

hj33

Mar 23, 2013
Also, it worked at first before it stopped an I did use a root needed app (screencast).

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
PLEASE HELP. Like 1 day after I rooted my Coby Kyros MID 7036 with this, something in my tablet is restricting data from all apps except browser (google play, facebook, mc chat lite, etc.). Is there any fix to this? I really want my apps to have internet access. Heres some stuff I tried doing.
- clearing data on google play.
-rebooting multiple times
- re-rooting the process (not unrooting but rerunning the update proccess)
-disabling SuperUser
-getting on here xD

and yeah.

I don't know what you are saying, nothing in the zip can restrict apps, it's just gapps and root, if it is causing problems remove it.

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Vampirefo,

Thank you! Just picked up a Coby 7048 at Toys R Us for 79.99. With the 19.99 warranty, I feel I have a pretty good little table for a niece. The 15-month Toys R Us warranty should get us through about 14 1/2 months before the tablet "breaks"...if you know what I mean. :)

Using your very simple instructions, I now have ROOT and Google Play Store access! This Coby 7048 just got a lot more user-friendly!

I used an external microSD card for the update, so the instructions I used were slightly different for your original post.

1. I renamed your file "root_gapps_signed.zip" to "update.zip" on my laptop.
2. Copied "update.zip" to the microSD card while the card was in my laptop.
3. Inserted the microSD card into the tablet.
4. Your instructions have the "update.zip" file in the internal memory, so I got the "...signature error..." msg other people have mention on my first attempt.
5. I then tried the update again and used the menu option for External SD card (can't remember the exact wording in the recovery menu).
6. After a reboot, I added my Google account and was accessing the Google Play Store OK.

Happily pulling apps from the Google Play store now! Thanks again for your work and dedication to this forum and to the Android Community!

Robyski

XDA

Mar 24, 2013
Good day fellow android fans... I just have a question for the experts here , I am using a 7048 coby tab at first i was so frustrated with the google market but vampirefo. released his wonderful 7048 root with gapps that solved my problem after a few weeks i tried browsing and reading I found the 8048 thread and flashed my 7048 with the said release by vamp and what happened was whenever i plug in a headset i still have sound playing at the external speaker its really annoying i tried flashing the tab with vamps release but there was no change the 8048 flash also replaced the name of my device as 8048 instead of 7048 and now i think my sdcard is totally dead its not mounting anymore even though i tried rebooting this couple of times.

just a reference i used this as initial root >>>> Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

After few weeks i tried this >>>> Coby 8048 Recovery, Custom Rom

after that i noticed that even if im using a headset the speaker is still playing...

hope you guys can help me remove everything and just get back to the basic 7048 root + gaaps and no more issue with the sdcard not present or mounted...

thanks for the time reading...​

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
Good day fellow android fans... I just have a question for the experts here , I am using a 7048 coby tab at first i was so frustrated with the google market but vampirefo. released his wonderful 7048 root with gapps that solved my problem after a few weeks i tried browsing and reading I found the 8048 thread and flashed my 7048 with the said release by vamp and what happened was whenever i plug in a headset i still have sound playing at the external speaker its really annoying i tried flashing the tab with vamps release but there was no change the 8048 flash also replaced the name of my device as 8048 instead of 7048 and now i think my sdcard is totally dead its not mounting anymore even though i tried rebooting this couple of times.

just a reference i used this as initial root >>>> Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

After few weeks i tried this >>>> Coby 8048 Recovery, Custom Rom

after that i noticed that even if im using a headset the speaker is still playing...

hope you guys can help me remove everything and just get back to the basic 7048 root + gaaps and no more issue with the sdcard not present or mounted...

thanks for the time reading...​

we have the same problem with 7048 i have this problem in 5 months i've been searching many times to fix this, and the custom rom of 848 there many bugs for our device like you said the speaker and you try the camera?? there's no camera for this rom i'm done to install this rom and i have no choice i retrieve the old rom i have

nesha

Apr 9, 2013
Do not post problems in this thread that has nothing to due with my root and gapps!!! It is very rude to do so, This thread is only about my root and gapps process.

I put together an easy root and gapps zip for these tablets. tested and confirmed working on 8048, tested confirmed by myself. As always you assume all risks with flashing anything.

This will be flashed via stock recovery

These tablets do indeed have fastboot, just like all other telechips tablets.

ok to root and install gapps, which is playstore.

download root_gapps_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete

reboot system now

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings >Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

I did this & my tablet rebooted on it's own & when I went to download the google playstore app, it installed & eveyrthing but when I tapped on it, it won't open or nothing happens. I tried uninstalling & re-installing but the same problem persists.

Apr 12, 2013
Hi! Thanks for this thread! Is this already tested for Coby Kyros MID-7051? I can't see anyone making a root guide for this model. I am wondering if this method is applicable to my model. Thanks in advance!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi! Thanks for this thread! Is this already tested for Coby Kyros MID-7051? I can't see anyone making a root guide for this model. I am wondering if this method is applicable to my model. Thanks in advance!
No this wont work on your tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Take a look in the Coby Generation 2 forums. You're far more likely to get assistance there.