Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

asusthek

Nov 14, 2012
i also researched about android sdk. ADB, i don't know if it will work. there is a command to configure to install apps directly to extSD via a "switch" wherein 0-will use internal 1, 2- external. example command is adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Apps in Android can only be installed in specific locations. The MicroSD is not one of those locations, though there is the apps to SD function as a workaround. If you have Windows in mind when it comes to file systems, remove it from your mind. The Android file system is totally different.

warbdan

Jan 2, 2013
I had to register to say thanks! This is an insanely easy fix to apply. Well done, sir. I got a 7036 for Christmas and was looking for a way to get the play store on it. Worked perfectly and took less than 2 minutes!! Now if I can just get Google Plus app going, this thing will be useful, LOL!

nodynu

Dec 15, 2012
a factory reset should fix that, you lose all your data but your problem should be fixed.

to do factory data reset

settings > backup & reset > factory reset.

Thanks sir :)

I forgot to mention though that I already tried that before asking with my post :/

But maybe I'll try again this weekend? My problem occurs whenever I use the update.zip (I have it on the sd card when I tried to update so I could have Playstore)

I have done it twice but still this error occur, could it have something to do to where update.zip is being installed from? Thanks for your reply :)

cobymid7036

Jan 4, 2013
followed all instructions and works well on my mid7036. impressed actually at how easy it was. thanks guys for all this work. have another 7036 that sticks at android loading screen. have tried a master reset to no avail. i think it may have been rooted, and possibly by the same method as posted earlier in this thread. can this coby be fixed? has anyone posted a link to a stock rom for the 7036? thanks in advance for your time!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks sir :)

I forgot to mention though that I already tried that before asking with my post :/

But maybe I'll try again this weekend? My problem occurs whenever I use the update.zip (I have it on the sd card when I tried to update so I could have Playstore)

I have done it twice but still this error occur, could it have something to do to where update.zip is being installed from? Thanks for your reply :)

Are you wanting to reflash stock?

make sure you have installed cw recovery, then place below rom on sdcard, factory reset then install via cw recovery.

7048_system_restore.zip

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
hi guys, i have a problem regarding my 7032,

when i use unroot and update it on my tab,

whenever i go to settings>back up and restore an error occured "unfortunately, setting has stopped."

is there a way to solve this problem?

nodynu

Dec 15, 2012

make sure you have installed cw recovery, then place below rom on sdcard, factory reset then install via cw recovery.

7048_system_restore.zip

I don't know how to install cw recovery yet with this device but will be researching now and also downloading the restore :)
Well, I hope it finally works. Actually already works if it weren't for annoying "android.process.media" prompt everytime I'm at playstore and other applications argh D:

Thanks again! Will report back if there's a problem or the progress..

[edit]

I hope it's okay to ask, is cw recovery referring to that tool used when installing roms? because I'm confused if I still need to install it or I already have it, if I do need it I hope you could some how lead me to a thread with instructions XD Thanks!

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know how to install cw recovery yet with this device but will be researching now and also downloading the restore :)
Well, I hope it finally works. Actually already works if it weren't for annoying "android.process.media" prompt everytime I'm at playstore and other applications argh D:

Thanks again! Will report back if there's a problem or the progress..

[edit]

I hope it's okay to ask, is cw recovery referring to that tool used when installing roms? because I'm confused if I still need to install it or I already have it, if I do need it I hope you could some how lead me to a thread with instructions XD Thanks!

Yes cw recovery is used for installing roms.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...looking-help-creating-system-dump-7048-a.html

nodynu

Dec 15, 2012

Hi thanks again!

I tried backup reset again but this time I also deleted files in internal and sd storage (it was unchecked when I tried before) and it actually got fixed and still had Playstore when it was done with the reset (and also rooted)! I must have missed that before, even so thanks because I might need these files and links in the future :)

Hopefully, I won't encounter android.process.media error, I was able to download tons of apps not encountering it unlike before.

Thanks again sir!

cduran1983

Jan 6, 2013
Great It Works Perfectly on my 7034 haven't tried on the 7036 but I imagine it works too will post back when I hit that with your update zip. Thanks for the rooting!
Keep up the great coding!!!

martin73x

Dec 13, 2012

7048_system_restore.zip

Hi, this is my situation:
Coby 7048.
Before Christmas I applied, Vampirefo's "root gapps telechips method" with success.
But, When I downloaded two apps at the same time the second internal memory crashed.
I could restored the tablet to factory reset and began from zero.
Then trying to solve the 2nd internal memory problem I formated al the things without backup from CW. I didn't imagine tha was esential a backup.
It was a disaster!!!!
Reading and reading I could via fastboot insert (boot.img, + recover.img, + system.img) for Vampirefo's 7048 dump file.
Then nothing changed except the CW recovery.
when boot only the coby icon appears, but I could solved this via Cw recover with the 8048 rom file by Vampirefo's too.
Today the situation is that the tablet boots the system OK but the touchscren doesn't work and I can not do anything because touch function is broken. I've read that may be the driver is uncorrect.
I can do adb and fastboot. I hope taht with this I can solve the situation.
I need the factory firmware with the correct drivers. I asked Coby for this but nobody answer.
If somebody can help me I can follow step by step solution.
Thanks, specialy to Vampirefo.!!!!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi, this is my situation:
Coby 7048.
Before Christmas I applied, Vampirefo's "root gapps telechips method" with success.
But, When I downloaded two apps at the same time the second internal memory crashed.
I could restored the tablet to factory reset and began from zero.
Then trying to solve the 2nd internal memory problem I formated al the things without backup from CW. I didn't imagine tha was esential a backup.
It was a disaster!!!!
Reading and reading I could via fastboot insert (boot.img, + recover.img, + system.img) for Vampirefo's 7048 dump file.
Then nothing changed except the CW recovery.
when boot only the coby icon appears, but I could solved this via Cw recover with the 8048 rom file by Vampirefo's too.
Today the situation is that the tablet boots the system OK but the touchscren doesn't work and I can not do anything because touch function is broken. I've read that may be the driver is uncorrect.
I can do adb and fastboot. I hope taht with this I can solve the situation.
I need the factory firmware with the correct drivers. I asked Coby for this but nobody answer.
If somebody can help me I can follow step by step solution.
Thanks, specialy to Vampirefo.!!!!

I am not following you, have you flashed this rom?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi thanks again!

I tried backup reset again but this time I also deleted files in internal and sd storage (it was unchecked when I tried before) and it actually got fixed and still had Playstore when it was done with the reset (and also rooted)! I must have missed that before, even so thanks because I might need these files and links in the future :)

Hopefully, I won't encounter android.process.media error, I was able to download tons of apps not encountering it unlike before.

Thanks again sir!

yes when factory reseting wipe everything.

martin73x

Dec 13, 2012
I am not following you, have you flashed this rom?

Via fastboot I have flashed "boot.img"+"system.img"+"recovery.img"
Then when I reboot only the Coby icon appears.
Then I flashed via CW recovery yours "7048_recovery_root_gapps.zip" nothing changed then I flashed vi CW "8048_recovery_signed.zip"