Root for MID7035

Jbr123

Jul 26, 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it would appear as if mempodroid is patched on this tablet. I tinkered for a while and I rooted the thing without it. I attached a batch file that should root other tablets of this model. I have only tested it on my own tablet and so I am not responsible for any possible damages that you may cause to your tablet as a result of using it.

As a side note, I believe the MID7033 and MID7035 model only different by resistive and capacitive screen types. Perhaps this may work on the MID7033 aswell.

You will need to place these files in a folder along with the Adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, and AdbWinUsbApi.dll files. They were too large to add to the attachment.

Cheers.

Folken

Jul 18, 2012
Jbr123,

Thanks so much for putting this together. It worked great on my mid7035. I had kept trying to poke around at the device since it appeared mempodroid was patched or the offsets were getting misreported, so I am really happy you managed to put together a solution. I am curious how you managed to stumble across the proper procedure for the root. Was it a lot of trial an error, or is this based off a similar exploit that happened to work with a similar tablet?

Really, thanks again for putting this together. I am sure there are more people out there other than me that appreciate it and it is the first step towards getting Google Play or custom roms on this MID7035.

Jbr123

Jul 26, 2012
This tablet is the biggest piece of garbage ever. I would recommend ponying up the few extra dollars and buying a better onelike the Nexus.

renshai

Aug 11, 2012
I used this method and it appears to have worked except that I can no longer access the home screen. Any advice? I can get to the settings screen and connect to adb on my widows vista computer by tapping the tray with the time in the bottom right corner. Back icon and recent icon both work but the home icon does nothing. If I back out of the setting screens I end up with a Welcome to MID 7035 , touch the android to begin screen but when I click the android nothing happens. I can see and hear it click but it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions would be welcome.

cody7035

Aug 29, 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it would appear as if mempodroid is patched on this tablet. I tinkered for a while and I rooted the thing without it. I attached a batch file that should root other tablets of this model. I have only tested it on my own tablet and so I am not responsible for any possible damages that you may cause to your tablet as a result of using it.

As a side note, I believe the MID7033 and MID7035 model only different by resistive and capacitive screen types. Perhaps this may work on the MID7033 aswell.

You will need to place these files in a folder along with the Adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, and AdbWinUsbApi.dll files. They were too large to add to the attachment.

Cheers.

Hi this is my first tablet .

Where do I Put these files in the folder? On the tablet ?

kennyloo69

Sep 7, 2012
Check the Development Index sticky for the other 7035 rooting thread.

I did and I downloaded the zip for the mid 7035, but I have no idea what to do with it. I can't root the device because none of the rooting methods work (and there is no attachment in this thread). I checked the link posted on the one you gave me http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...750-how-restore-your-7042-8042-9742-dump.html Which says I need to have CW recovery (whatever that is). I googled THAT and got stuff for clockwork mod or something, which ended up telling me that I need to have my device rooted, bringing me back to the beginning.

Is there a good guide on how to use those firmware dump files?

berna_

Sep 8, 2012
Check the Development Index sticky for the other 7035 rooting thread.

nope that thread

Traveller1701 said:
NOTE: The 7035 is rooted in a similar manner to the other Generation 3 tablets, as shown here. There is however no Clockworkmod recovery at this time for the 7035, so users need to use ADB to push Google Apps files to the tablet. While the root utility in this post can be used to root the 7035, the version made for the 7035, available here, may be a better choice.

the one that actually works or atleast with confirmed users was from this thread

so can we get the original attachment of this one that actually works? since that link there not works.

anyone could repost the files of this thread?

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What doesn't work about it? Not having a 7035 I simply don't know. Perhaps the OP can post his batch files from his zip and leave out everything else since it's unlikely that Superuser, Busybox, and the ADB files have changed.

berna_

Sep 8, 2012
What doesn't work about it? Not having a 7035 I simply don't know. Perhaps the OP can post his batch files from his zip and leave out everything else since it's unlikely that Superuser, Busybox, and the ADB files have changed.

The 7035 has a patched kernel so the mempodroid exploit doesnt work, if you execute it it will return a Segmentation error.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well...unless the OP posts a batch file or an updated version of the zip file I won't be able to change the links in the Development Index to reflect this. In your position I would PM the OP and ask about it.