running nookie froyo- NC won't boot

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks.

I installed customized nookie froyo five days ago. I also overclocked the CPU, using the "set at boot" option.

I placed the nook on the charger last night, and later noticed it had rebooted, or at least was trying to reboot...

The "nookie froyo" animation during the boot process simply freezes, then tries to restart again, freezes, ad infinitum.

Don't know if it has anything to do w/ the overclocked kernel or not. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it without re-installing?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Do you have a bootable SD with CWR or can you boot into an internal CWR? If so then I would suggest 1. checking the MD5 of the kernel you downloaded to make sure you got the whole file 2. reflashing the kernel to see if it takes the second time 3. if that doesn't work reflash your backup you made before flashing the OC kernel (you did backup first right? :) ) or just the stock froyo you loaded before you tried to OC.

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Do you have a bootable SD with CWR or can you boot into an internal CWR? If so then I would suggest 1. checking the MD5 of the kernel you downloaded to make sure you got the whole file 2. reflashing the kernel to see if it takes the second time 3. if that doesn't work reflash your backup you made before flashing the OC kernel (you did backup first right? :) ) or just the stock froyo you loaded before you tried to OC.

The kernel was running fine for days, so I don't think it's corrupted.

When setCPU is configured to "run at boot", does it modify the kernel? If that's the case, I could try replacing just the kernel...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Are you using the correct kernel? There are froyo, gingerbread and eclair ones.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you upgraded the kernel after 5 days of use and then the problem started. I am not aware of any issues with nookie Froyo and SetCPU. The only issues seem to be between SetCPU and CM7.

I don't beleive SetCPU modifies the kernel, it just acts as a governor for the performance of the kernel already loaded. It may just be a coincidence that you adjusted SetCPU and then fell into a boot loop as I have not heard of this with SetCPU before.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So you are using the kernel that is included stock with Nookie Froyo? Maybe the Rom image your are running off the sdcard got corrupted somehow. You could try another kernel but I do not know if that would fix it. If you are stuck at a boot loop I would follow these instructions to burn a clockwork recovery image to an sdcard http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html Then use clockwork from sdcard to restore a backup you may have, restore stock, or load a rom internally to your device.

*edit: Sorry try to boot into recovery first by holding power and n button, before you go try the above process.

Last edited: