Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Charging Very Slowly

Varney

Jul 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy note tablet 15% - 57% battery charge in 8 hours with unit completely switched off. Is this normal for Galaxy 1st gen? I hope I haven't made another bad purchase. Is it possible to get battery replacements? Or could it be just the charger? If so, I'm still within repair gaurantee.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No, it isn't normal. I would look at the possibility that you are using the wrong charger, the charger may be bad or the cable may be an issue. If you can find a store selling the tabs and borrow their display charger. You should be able to tell fairly quickly if your charger or cable is a problem.

Varney

Jul 25, 2014
It is the correct charger, it is the proper, Samsung branded charger. I'm not sure I would have time to stand around in the shop, waiting to see if it will charge at the correct rate. Are there not more definitive tests for this?

Thanks for the info. So, bearing in mind, this isn't (remember) this isn't the latest Galaxy tab 8 model - how long should it take to charge up from 0% to 100% roughly?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you watch the battery monitor as it is now you should be able to determine how long it tales to go from (for example) 20% to 22% so it should only take a few minutes to be able to tell at the store if their charger is faster. Since the tablet is charging I suspect your charger is not functioning optimally. I can't say how long it should take because it depends on a lot of variables and will take different times for different people but it shouldn't take nearly as long as you stated in you OP.

Varney

Jul 25, 2014
Remember, this is me charging the unit while off, so there should not be any variables in how the tablet is being used, such as power intensive tasks or battery saving facilities. I appreciate that Samsung TouchWiz uses a light interface, which means brighter pixels more often than pure Android...etc... This is really about standstill charging with no consumption, whatsoever. Which I think represents the purest of test conditions.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No 2 devices are going to be set up exactly the same and various background tasks and WiFi on/off etc will affect the charge times. Some people experience high batter use even with there tablets in sleep mode. With that said you can completely shut it down. That's the only way to minimize the battery use.

Varney

Jul 25, 2014
That's what I'm talking about. The tablet was shut down at the time of charging.

mrl10

Dec 4, 2014
if you have a galaxy mote 10.1 its not the note tablet but yor usb cord that is faulty if oys over 2 years old you cant get the cord if you live in aust u might get it on line

novice2017

Aug 9, 2017
Samsung Galaxy note tablet 15% - 57% battery charge in 8 hours with unit completely switched off. Is this normal for Galaxy 1st gen? I hope I haven't made another bad purchase. Is it possible to get battery replacements? Or could it be just the charger? If so, I'm still within repair gaurantee.
I was having the same problem. Itried all different things including using alchol, magnifying glass and a dental tool to clean port. I finally loaded an app called Repair Battery Life. It worked immediately! I tried another app with no success. This one runs some sort of test the when prompted will repair the problems. So far tablet is charging fast and also seems to be quicked.