Samsung Galaxy Tab Goes On Sale Nov. 11 at Verizon Wireless (USA)

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Verizon Wireless and Samsung have announced that the Galaxy Tab will go on sale November 11 (in the US) for $599.99. Unfortunately, no subsidized pricing will be available. Rumors had it that carriers will offered a subsidized pricing of about $300 with a 2 year contract. Verizon will offer a data plan starting at $20/month for 1GB. Press Release is below.

In addition to running Android 2.2 along with certain apps, Verizon will be loading the Galaxy Tab with its V Cast apps. Are you going to purchase this?

Verizon Wireless Puts Samsung Galaxy Tab™ in Stores in November

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy Tab™ will be available Nov. 11 for $599.99. Running on Android™ 2.2, the Samsung Galaxy Tab features a brilliant 7-inch touch screen; robust HTML Web browsing experience with full support for Adobe® Flash® 10.1 for video and mobile gaming; and a 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application processor.

"This is an incredible time in mobile technology, and as a company we're excited to add the Samsung Galaxy Tab to our portfolio," said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. "The Samsung Galaxy Tab brings together the reliability of Verizon Wireless' 3G network and the power of Android 2.2 to deliver on our promise of providing consumers and business customers with a host of options to help manage their lives."

Popular mobile applications, including V CAST Music and V CAST Song ID, VZ Navigator®, Slacker Radio, Kindle for Android, BLOCKBUSTER On Demand® presented by V CAST Video, and the exclusive golf game, "Let's Golf," will be available on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. In addition to text, picture and video messaging, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will also feature V CAST Apps, Verizon Wireless' mobile storefront offering hundreds of applications for businesses and consumers at launch.

Verizon Wireless customers can add a monthly access plan beginning at $20 a month for 1 GB on their Samsung Galaxy Tab. For additional features and specifications on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, visit www.verizonwireless.com/galaxytab.

For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 4G LTE network with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, No Streaming media will be desired then. Let's all do the math. The average YouTube HD is about 10Mb-25Mb/per Minute. So that would mean I would use up my 1 Gb in about a week if I just did 3G Streaming.
While on the other hand. Lets think basic browsing and using an ad filled email page like Yahoo. So You will have the ability to read all of your email and most of your basic browsing without overages, but Not much streaming. I think it will be very very profitable for Verizon.

dedavie

Oct 22, 2010
I was hoping for a slightly lower cost per unit and a bit more then 1 gb. I had planed on using this for a complete solution to help my tech department and staff and allow me to be more mobile but for that price and plan think i'll get the 499 ipad :(

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
I hope they loose money on these. 599 is freaking crazy I think ill wait for the moto tab next year

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Speaking about the US market, consumers should consider Virgin Mobile. You can purchase a MiFi device (for about $150) and you will have $40/mo unlimited data plan. No contracts. I believe this is the best deal in a data plan from what I have seen. I haven't done a full research on every carrier but from what I have seen. Virgin Mobile seems to be the best deal.