screen repair

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you cracked the touchscreen, you probably need a replacement. And it's not cheap to ship something like that.

Welcome to AT

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Use this link for touch-screens replacements from 2.8" to 7" You can replace it yourself if you're handy?

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What Tipstr and xaueious are accurate. The question I would ask in return is what brand is it and how much did you pay for it.
The labor for someone in Baltimore to replace the screen would be about ~$75-100, if you find someone willing. The screens are what Tipstr provided. So if you bought the unit for 150,you may be just as well to buy another replacement.
The profit per unit is very small on the low-moderate tablets. I had a year old Archos which retailed for $400 and to replace the 40Gb drive would cost $300. I found a used one with a 160Gb drive for $150. I took the risk and was happier. I would suggest, buying a replacement.

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
Just quit working on battery, plug in its fine. No trust in returning. What to do? Keep and use as is? Mail is about $34.00 ane who knows if I get ficed or back? Suggestions!

What Tipstr and xaueious are accurate. The question I would ask in return is what brand is it and how much did you pay for it.
The labor for someone in Baltimore to replace the screen would be about ~$75-100, if you find someone willing. The screens are what Tipstr provided. So if you bought the unit for 150,you may be just as well to buy another replacement.
The profit per unit is very small on the low-moderate tablets. I had a year old Archos which retailed for $400 and to replace the 40Gb drive would cost $300. I found a used one with a 160Gb drive for $150. I took the risk and was happier. I would suggest, buying a replacement.

gmh54b

Apr 20, 2011
"Use this link for touch-screens replacements from 2.8" to 7" You can replace it yourself if you're handy? "

Tipster unfortunately appears to be in error. Densitron (the vendor the link takes you to) does NOT make Android Screens for screen repair.

asfreeman

Jan 24, 2012
I have purchased a replacement touch screen to replace the cracked one, but I am looking for some instructions in taking the old one off without breaking anything else...anyone have a suggestions?