Scroll by StorageOptions

andyk68

Dec 25, 2010
Thx for that, I'll have a look for Astro. Its my first Android also and I'm findingit pretty restrictive. I find it incredible that you have to download third party software in order to browse drives, even the most basic of mobile phones let you do that.

barrymung

Jan 9, 2011
Got one too, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it just displays the text as seen in the image. I am using Win 7 64 bit which I believe could be a problem, although I have not yet connected it to any PC yet. Last time it actually worked all the apps I had installed had gone ;-(
Sure someone on here can either help or direct me to the correct forum. Got to be somthing I've got to do or change to make it work all the time!
I'm guessing its looking for 'update.zip' on the SD card, but as yet, its all a total mystery to me. If it needs connecting to a PC to make it 'work' properly first time, every time, its a bit daft being marketed as a 'MID'.

TIA. $P1250690.jpg

andyk68

Dec 25, 2010
Got one too, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it just displays the text as seen in the image. I am using Win 7 64 bit which I believe could be a problem, although I have not yet connected it to any PC yet. Last time it actually worked all the apps I had installed had gone ;-(
Sure someone on here can either help or direct me to the correct forum. Got to be somthing I've got to do or change to make it work all the time!
I'm guessing its looking for 'update.zip' on the SD card, but as yet, its all a total mystery to me. If it needs connecting to a PC to make it 'work' properly first time, every time, its a bit daft being marketed as a 'MID'.

TIA.View attachment 746

Hi, I didnt have to connect mine to a pc to get it working, in fact I have never connected it to a pc.
I downloaded astro, which is a very useful tool and did indeed allow me to search my removeable drives so thx for that.
I have another question now, I've read that certain tablets can be connected to certain huawei 3g modems, I have a 3 (network) phone with a built in modem that I use to connect to my netbook when i'm on the road. Anyone know if its possible to use it with the Android Tablet?

Sinnyo

Jan 11, 2011
I was very glad to receive one of these for Christmas, after having been burdened with a Market-less Slate device with something like Android 1.5 running on it. Bleh. I've recently run into some trouble hough, and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

It began when I tried to download Game Dev Story, following quite a few successful app. installations via the Market. The installation would inexplicably halt, offering up a generic "there was an error" type message. I assumed it was incompatible with tablets, and thought little of it. Since then I've been unable to install anything at all via Android Market. Downloads begin - I can see them in the notifications bar - but then they just disappear. Somehow Market thinks the installation was successful, as the application page then displays a (non-functional) tick-box to keep automatic updates.

I'm worried that one of the contributing factors was the uninstallation of AVG for Android. I uninstalled it just in case that was blocking Game Dev Story, as it used to report 'download detected' in the notification bar. Uninstalling it made no difference, however, and now I cannot even re-install that application, despite knowing that it's worked for me in the past.

I hope it's alright to ask here. One of the frustrations I am having with this, my first Android device, is the lack of support. Android's site is basically useless to me, and it seems I'm left asking fine folks like yourselves for a leg up out of the noob pit. :)

andyk68

Dec 25, 2010
I'm afraid I cant assist, I'm as new to the Android scene as you are by the sounds of it. I downloaded and installed a few apps that gave me a few probs and I just ended up doing a factory reset which solved the problem for me.

Sinnyo

Jan 11, 2011
Having finally made a good search on Android's help feature (just why do iPhone results appear in there?), I found a few responses to the same effect. Some folks using phones said they got results by uninstalling Android market's updates and connecting afresh to their wi-fi hotspot, and this has prevented my downloads from disappearing with nought but a thoroughly unhelpful "download unsuccessful", but I do now have the likes of Google Goggles stuck on a permanent 'starting download', as seen from Android market's 'My Apps'/'Downloads' menu.

brianzion

Jan 22, 2011
$brys snap ?14 ?January ?2011 16h37m15s.png$brys snap ?22 ?January ?2011 12h43m39s.png

had my scroll for a few days now and very happy it has lots to offer i can run a usb hub on it and use a mouse external keyboard etc and it copes well B) the start up is slow but you can find good apps to help here it syncs fine with the pc and transferring files is a breeze, the sound is a bit quite so i use a set of self powered mini external speakers that sound great, the processor copes with most apps you throw at it, great for portability, i bought the case with the keyboard which in fact is very good and protects the scroll well.

the battery life is great as long as you discharge it fully and recharge it at least three times (as in all these types of battery's) the touch screen is great after a few plays with the calibration on it i got it just right for me, using a stylus helps here the supplied one is average worth buying a decent stylus as the screen reacts better. the external storage is nice and large at 32GB more than enough. all in all my few days of use have been fine with no problems much better to carry this around to work than a laptop/netbook, the wireless hotspots are all around me where i travel so i am lucky even on the bus! wireless works well and connects fine.

so its thumbs up for me well worth the money better than a lot of tablets for the same price there are good deals on these scrolls at the moment if you shop around much rather use this than struggle on a little phone with android 5*****.

LINK Scroll -Tablet PC - Products - Storage Options - Technology Without Compromise

Scroll is a fully featured Mobile Internet Device (MID). The ARM11 processor is capable of handling HD video and 3D graphics with ease. Built-in wireless technology means Scroll can securely connect to the Internet through your home network.

Scroll will soon become your ultimate portable media hub; it can play videos and music, as well as display pictures in a variety of formats. A Mini HDMI output allows Scroll to be connected to an HDTV for High Definition media playback.

The widescreen 16:9 screen makes Scroll perfect for reading eBooks and browsing the Internet. Scroll is simple to use thanks to intuitive touch control.

Scroll lets you keep up to date on your favourite social networking sites, use instant messaging services, play the latest portable 3D games, watch videos, listen to music, and more!

Gl3nn

Dec 25, 2011
Hey guys, i've just been given a Storage Options: Scroll 8" Special Edition (2.3 Gingerbread) for a Christmas present by my parents
and so far, it seems like a good piece of kit. However i was disappointed that there isn't any android market access. I have managed
to find Angry Birds from a site and download it via usb to the Scroll which worked ok, but became sluggish during game play.

Do you know or have any recommendations of apps that would work with this version of Scroll ?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer !

mazer

Dec 26, 2011
Hi,
I got a Scroll special Edition 8in for xmas and as I got it mainly for viewing photo's I put quite a few albums onto an sd card but it takes forever to load,it also crashes a lot while trying to load, so i am now using several cards with smaller content and so far no crashes.My pc does not see my Scroll when attached via usb.I am new to Android so still finding my way around.:)

Last edited:

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I have just ordered a mi scroll tablet to replace my Haipad running android 2.1. I could have chosen several other 7 inch tablets running android 2.3. Instead i chose this tablet because it has a removal battery and changeable covers. I plan to use it as an ebook reader video player combined with internet browsing. I not really going to use for games. The reviews on Amazon Uk were not bad.
But on youtube the reviews mixed. I will keep you posted.:)

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Well, mi scroll arrived yesterday. As a tablet it larger than the haipad. The device is solid and screen is nice and bright. What i liked about it was that there are apps, such Amazon, estrongs file explorer, etc. which can be installed via their scroll installer. But the down side to the tablet is the firmware:rolleyes:. Well I thought they could have done better job, no android market, instead you have slide apps:confused:.
The calibration is scrap, if you try to recalibrate you will lucky to get the touch screen to function. I spent i hour trying to sort this out. :mad: In the end i remembered to press the volume rocker and on/off button for a few seconds. Then I was able to do a factory reset. If use factory reset in settings nothing is erased.:mad:

At least with all the Chinese tablets i have tried you can simply use factory reset. I thought being an arm 11 and telechips it would be alot better. Thanks god i am only using it has an ebook reader :). If you want a tablet that can do more with it , my advice is buy another android 2.3 tablet. Although it runs android 2.3 you cannot access bbciplayer. Yet i have managed to access the bbciplayer with my android 2.2 phone.
Storage options have been charging the public in excess of one hundred pounds for these tablets the firmware scrap.
They really need to upgrade the firmaware asap. Luckly i got mine cheap on Amazon Uk. So I will keep mine because as an ebook reader and video player it is good. I will keep you updated bye

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Just got myself this flip case for the mi scroll tablet. The standard 7 inch cases fitted my old 7inch Haipad, but is too small for the mi scroll.
So i ordered this one from Amazon Uk. It is a good fit.
Navitech Black Executive 100% Real Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With Adjustable Stand For The HTC Flyer 7 Inch Android PC Tablet Device 16GB 32GB 64GB 3G & WiFi.

http://ecx.im ages-amazon.com/images/I/41PbbGQO7%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited: