See An Android Based Tablet We Don't Have Listed? Let Us Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cris_alonso74

Jun 29, 2010

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
I have been testing the Huawei S7 pad, which is a hybrid model (this is how I have seen the Dell Streak described, aka SIM card + WIFI) and it runs Android 2.1

You can pre-order that on Expansys on the UK and US and I expect several mobile operators to sell them in Q3

you can read some more on:
Management, Technology and Startup - by Cristobal Alonso: New Android Tablets coming up: time to start testing devices, thus first testing impressions
It's also two-and-a-half times the price of the aPad (Moonse E-7001). At that price point, I would expect to at least be getting a 1 GHz snapdragon processor. I might be wrong, but I just don't think the upgrade from a 600 Mhz RockChip to a 768 MHz SnapDragon is worth the additional $280.

I am interested to see how well the camera actually works. While the aPad does have a camera, it doesn't work well for things like video chatting which you would expect from a front-facing camera. I do like the design -- the kickstand, dock+hdmi, are all pretty cool. It does seem pretty snappy through most of the video, but I was surprised to see that the application launcher (drawer) was a little choppy to open.

At $450, I'd be looking for a 10" capacitive screen and a 1Ghz processor.

cris_alonso74

Jun 29, 2010
will let you know about the camera. I am getting a software upgrade on the current version and will try later and post here

mzbodymagic

Jul 8, 2010
I brought 2 from ecrater.com. work well, quick shipping.
:confused:I cant figure out how to add apps. I dont have the andriod marketplace on the tablet. It does have a app store icon but VERY little available. I need facebook, twitter, and horoscopes, etc. OS is 1.7v if any one has ideas on how I can add apps.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Opad A1 7 Inches Android 2.1 Tablet PC MID TELECHIP TCC8902

This Android Tablet runs Android 2.1, there is a youtube video here

Check out more new android tablet here

Last edited by a moderator:

cris_alonso74

Jun 29, 2010
It comes with resistive screen, there are both a [FONT=&quot]1 Ghz & 768 Mhz available versions and a 2.0 camera (for video calling)
it does not come with internal memory but an external SD card

[/FONT]

TechNinja

Jul 31, 2010
I've been wanting to buy a tablet for some time, but i've patiently waited for the next jump in features and specs. It seems that the android 2.1, 1ghz, capacitive screens are what i have been waiting for.

Here's three tablets I didnt see here (I suppose its because none of them are marked for a release anytime soon)::

Pegatron 10" Capacitive

Malata 10" Capacitive

ODROID

Is anyone aware of the ballpark for pricing on these at all?

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Jesus, there are about 100 different pads out there... if not more. Can't keep up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.