SIM card not detected

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
I just inserted one in for the first time in my S7. This is a AT&T 3G SIM card I got from Amazon this week (because I was down with the flu and did not want to drive to a local store).

The S7 reports no card. I tried re-seating it. Nothing. Later tried a SIM card from another phone; no go. It does not "see" them.

Other than applying the ...C60B011 ROM weeks ago, I have changed nothing else (no rooting yet.)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
I noticed on the little picture of the sim card that is right by the insert slot has been printed backwards on mine. I had the same issue when I used a sim for the first time. Try taking the sim out and put it in the otherway.

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks Gang! Shortly after I posted I moved to the living room to listen to some music. While there, I decided to try again. This time the better lighting made clear an embedded diagram that was not ovious while in the other room, which was dark. The diagram showed that I was using the wrong orientation. Reversed it and bingo!

The thing is, they have put a black notched shape next to the SIM which happens to look like an insertion indicator but it isn't. Or maybe it is just bumb me :)

Now I have to figure out if I entered the wrong codes because it is not being recognized by any network.

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
Search the forum for AT&T to get the right settings.

I did plus I just rechecked that I entered things right. However, for both 2G/3G I get:
"Your sim card does not allow connection to this nerwork". Wondring is they sold me a dud...

oh, and no bars.

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
You may need to take sim to an att store and have it updated to your accont?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Andipad

Dec 27, 2010
Tks. I went to the store and wound up getting a Go Phone program for the sim card. The voice servicee at 10c/minute is a nice to have back-up function with a 90 days cycle. The "abusive" part of it is that I had to pay $20 for 100mb/30 days for the data portion. That said, it works like charm for what I need. I have not measured data speed so I don't know if I am getting 2g or 3g. However a full home page of CNN in normal (classic?) mode loaded almost as fast as in Wi-fi.