Slingplayer Mobile NOT in Android Market

raoulangel

Jan 10, 2011
is this because its an Archos device?? is it possible to get the player by download OUTSIDE the market? I purchased it and use it on my HTC Aria, but now i want to use it on my Archos 70, Any ideas?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I downloaded the Slingplayer APK awhile ago, and it works on my Pandigital, and aPad without any problems. It cost me $29.99.

Feb 7, 2011
Not trying to break any rules.... and if I am please delete my post... try applanet. Google it, get the latest apk. Slingbox app is located in that market.

raoulangel

Jan 10, 2011
Don't think you broke any rules but i did install the applanet and as I suspected, no Slingplayer app

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Not trying to throw water on the idea. There is a "reason" why some apps work on some tablets and not on others. The same is true for finding them on Market. There is a decision tree search algorithm based on your device. If it fails on one of the decision points, then it will not find/install. Some apps can be sideloaded and work due to the device having a configuration which looks like a Phone but is not. (As anything prior to Honeycomb, the OS is made for Phones and not Tablets). The problem/answer for Archos is they purposefully modded the config (AFAIK) to fail on apps that want a Phone IMEI/and SIM Code core. There is a hidden IMEI, but cannot be readily referenced.
Thus that is why you may not find it with the Archos. And why Sideloads fail. I love my Archos, but this is a point which bugs me too. But I have learned to live with it.

Feb 7, 2011
I have no idea what you are searching for in applanet, but I'm sitting here at work looking right at it. SlingPlayer Mobile. Try a search for "Sling", that's the way I pulled it up. Another work around, free with no secondary purchases, orb.com.

raoulangel

Jan 10, 2011
???? Just came from Orb.com, this doesn't broadcast / stream thecontent to PCs or devices outside the house or out on the internet.
Is there anything that doesn that for Android/pcs?
I have 2 - 1 TB linstations on my home network, 3 Windows Media Centers, a slingbox, and 2 other software based SUPPOSEDLY streaming server softwares but none let me watch a simple avi file from one of my network NAS drives while I am on the train connected to my 4G.
In this day and age I thought that would be mych easier.. any ideas?

raoulangel

Jan 10, 2011
Oh yeah... and Orb Live for Android doesn't show up in the android market for Archos anyway!

PMKVA

Mar 24, 2011
Sideloaded on Archos 7o and running with minimal problems. Sometimes have to start the app multiple times before it loads. Running with orig slingbox. Works great when I am on the road and tethered to my Droid X.