So you own a NC, do you have an Android phone you tether with it

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have a Huawei S7 rooted with froyo rom 2.2.2 and use at&t pre pay data. Froyo rom allows use for wifi teather and use as a wifi hotspot. I use my s7 as a wifi hotspot and get wifi on my rooted stock nook color. Seems to work well although the data plan is a bit expensive. At&t charges 25 dollars/month for 500 meg.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

stevek28

May 11, 2011
I am considering going to Virgin Mobile's LG Optimus V. Has anyone rooted it and tethered it with a CM7 Color Nook?

patmw123

Jan 30, 2011
I tether my Nook Color with my Droid Pro on occasion, but very rarely. It works great when I do though.

nomoore

May 17, 2011
Along the same lines as the OP (and quite possibly useful to him also) has anyone successfully tethered a NC to the GPS on an android phone or to a bluetooth GPS puck? I have been thinking of installing a NC in my car as a navigation unit but I would need 3g (or 4g obviously) data AND GPS since the NC has neither of these.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Along the same lines as the OP (and quite possibly useful to him also) has anyone successfully tethered a NC to the GPS on an android phone or to a bluetooth GPS puck? I have been thinking of installing a NC in my car as a navigation unit but I would need 3g (or 4g obviously) data AND GPS since the NC has neither of these.

This has been done and covered. Check the GPS threads in the apps section.

Last edited: