[Solved] PC Sharing

jerryferreira

Jun 15, 2013
Didn't know where else to post, so here goes.

I've successfully shared a few folders on my Windows 8 PC to have access with my Asus tablet. As of right now, the NTFS permission on those folders is 'Everyone'. I'd like to know if I can set up a special group in Windows that recognizes me on my tablet other than using 'Everyone'. There is a PC that shares my wireless network that I don't want to have access to my PC's shared folders.

Does Android have groups similar to Windows?
If so, can Windows recognize them?

Thanks!
Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are no groups like Windows, but you should be able to share those folders without using that nuclear option. If you have a user name and password you can deleted the other users on the share and use only that user name on it. I do that and it works so it should also work for you. Or if your user has admin attached as a group for yiour use name you shoud be able to do the same thing by leaving administrator there and nothing else assuming admin has proper permissions attached to it.

jerryferreira

Jun 15, 2013
I applied a password to my Windows account, turned on password protected sharing, removed 'Everyone' group---then added 'Jerry' user on the PC's folder sharing permissions. Works like a charm!

Thanks again!!!