[SOLVED] WiFi Connection, But No Internet...

Bantapuss

Oct 5, 2014
Hi Kellby,
Like you my time and date were correct but after trying everything else I had to give it a go and low and behold, it's done the trick. I simply went into my date settings and re-selected the same date and somehow this has solved the problem and all my apps are opening so even if your date and time settings are correct it still may be worth a try as it worked for me!

mwal

Nov 9, 2014
Guys !!! Found solution...
Just change your time and date settings to current date . This problem genrally occurs due to wrong date and time settings..
Hell, I don't know how you discovered this, but you're a godsend!

The time & date on mine were correct, but I twiddled the settings and put them back, and it worked!

What I also found is that re-enabling automatic time/date causes the problem to come back, so I'm leaving it on manual, for now.

Oh, and I'm the second person who's signed up to the forum specifically to thank you for this! That shows how good a job you've done!

Kyla4665

Jan 13, 2015
Hi all....I just had the same problem stumping me this morning and I just figured out that it was in Power Saving Mode!!! So simple, and yet....so I took it off Power Saving and voila..it's working fine :) So, if nothing else works for you, try this out.

LenovoTab_SamsungPhone

Sep 17, 2015
Hello, just wanted to add my experience, having solved the problem, in case it helps someone. :)

As the username suggests, I have a Lenovo Smarttab and Samsung phone. Both were connected to my Virgin media router and then, halfway through a programme on Netflix, the tablet lost its connection to the internet.

It connected to the wifi at first, but the little blue lines to show a connection were grey, suggesting an issue with the router's connection to the world. However, my phone was connected so it was clearly a problem between the tablet and the router.

I refreshed the router (using WPS button) and tablet's wifi list a few times to no avail. Tab kept saying there was a failure with the refresh. Eventually the tab didn't connect to the router at all, saying "avoided bad internet connection".

I restarted the tab. Nothing. The date and time were also fine so I didn't need to change those, as was suggested by some people. Security was already in WPA/WPA2 as some have suggested (apparently WEP causes issues).

In the end, I saw something in a forum about IP conflicts which can be dealt with by fiddling with dynamic/static IP settings, or rebooting the router with the the power button. I don't know the first thing about changing such settings, so I did a hard reboot on the router (power off for 30 seconds). While it rebooted, I turned the tablet's wifi off and on, and then left them to find each other.

Now the little curved lines to indicate a wifi connection on my tablet are blue again, and I can resume my programme. :)

Hope this helps someone who might be feeling as frustrated as I was!

Last edited:

KurtWood

Jul 29, 2015
I have experience this kind of problem in my Samsung Galaxy S3 a year ago I've all those things and i found out that my phone is the problem. I have 2 routers and found out the the devices is supported on on the other router that i have. But i have rooted my phone its working fine not all routers are working with my phone.

steviespain

Jan 7, 2016
Hi all,
registered just to share this with you,
I bought a cheapy tablet, Sunstech. It worked perfectly for the first day then started with these connection problems that seem SO common.
It was connecting to the net and then either not displaying pages or just disconnecting itself.
I fixed it by doing a complete reset of my wifi router, right back to factory settings. Now the tablet connects fine. I dunno, go figger. It worked for me, hope it helps someone else too.:)

gigiduru

Feb 7, 2016
Hey bro thanks a lot . Changed the time settings and it works. My time setting was year 2000 ... . It was working in 30 seconds .

surya kumar

Jan 7, 2016
Just change your time and date settings to current date . This problem genrally occurs due to wrong date and time settings..
probably it 's the solution, If at all this won't works then check the connection with another device then you will know where the problem exactly..:(

BabyDoll222

Mar 28, 2016
OMG I love u!!! I was freaking out and tried everything and right when I was about to give up, I seen ur post and tried it and sure enough when I got into date and time it was all wrong and as soon as I changed it to the right info I was flooded in all my internet alerts!! Ty so much for posting!!

tabcola

Apr 5, 2016
I was unable to reply to the original but I have a Galaxy Tab 3. Changing the date and time fixed the problem! Thank you for posting!
;)

TechyNot

May 10, 2016
:(
I signed up to this forum just for this issue. I have a Samsung Tab 4, 10.1. It's a year and a bit old.
Today I had a tech guy connect a new pc to my Internet modem via ethernet cable. It's a business pc that has to run 24/7, so does my Internet.
My modem allows 6 WiFi devices. I have 5 that will be used regularly. 4 of these work perfectly (as does the pc via ethernet cable).
Since connecting the pc, my Tablet has developed this issue of saying it's connected to WiFi but no Internet.
I tried the date/time fix and restarted each time (3 times). All of it was accurate but I typed over it and saved 3 times.
No luck!!!
Nothing has worked!
I cannot reboot the modem.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you!! :)

Drosera

Jul 1, 2016
While the date and other tweaks, above, didn't solve my problem (tab worked fine and then all of a sudden it wouldn't connect though WiFi, though it said the signal was "excellent") I did find MY fix.

I poked around so many places and tried so many things... but in the end it was the "Modify Network" and Password which needed it re-input though it said "(unchanged) " and would lead one to believe all was well. lol

The tablet had somehow forgotten the router's "Key Description" which is the number on the bottom of our router

Sheesh.

Like several others here, I had to join to thank you ~ :)

SixPaths

Jul 12, 2016
If that doesn't work try restarting your router and/or modem. This fixed my problem.
In case you don't know what they are...
Router:
4484015_rd.jpg
Modem:
DSL 2740B Front.png

Last edited:

mpape

Oct 11, 2016
I joined the forum because after reading all of the comments and solutions, I am still having issues with my Tab 2. I did a factory reset because it was running very slow and becoming unresponsive. After the reset, I was able to connect to my wi-fi with no problems and still have a message on my tablet that "There was a problem connecting to the network". I even turned off my modem and turned it back on but that also did not help. I have set and reset my time and date a dozen times and still nothing. It did connect though to my phone's hot spot, and it seemed to work OK from that, but I can't use all my data so I need to figure out why it won't connect to the wi-fi. Any other solutions or help would be greatly appreciated.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I joined the forum because after reading all of the comments and solutions, I am still having issues with my Tab 2. I did a factory reset because it was running very slow and becoming unresponsive. After the reset, I was able to connect to my wi-fi with no problems and still have a message on my tablet that "There was a problem connecting to the network". I even turned off my modem and turned it back on but that also did not help. I have set and reset my time and date a dozen times and still nothing. It did connect though to my phone's hot spot, and it seemed to work OK from that, but I can't use all my data so I need to figure out why it won't connect to the wi-fi. Any other solutions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Set router using same security as your hotspot.

Sent from my R1HD(ZenUI) via Tapatalk