Some problems when dealing with rooting,andorid market and clockworkmod...

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
Ok, so i just got myself a kyros 7015 xmas and l liked it....IM A NOOB TO ANDORID
i was following the rooting guide on this forum and for some reason..it just can't found my device when i try adb shell...
so heres the details and can some one please tell me what did i do wrong?
i've posted the original guide and what did i do after each steps..

I did everything in the Intro steps and i have rooted the device also.
so heres the driver part:

Installing the Windows software and ADB drivers

1. Download and install The Java Development Kit 6here (you will need to register on their site first):

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

2. Download and unzip the android-sdk-r07-windows.zip file to the C: drive on your computer.

Android SDK | Android Developers

*** I DOWNLOADED BOTH SOFTWARE AND INSTALLED BOTH***
HOWEVER, THE ANDROID SDK ONLY COME WITH SDK-R8,NOT THE R7 STATED IN THE GUIDE.

3. Go to the android-sdk-windows folder that you unzipped

4. Launch SDKManager.exe

5. Under choose which package to install, click accept all. As a part of what it is downloading, it will download the Android USB drivers. This part will probably take like 30 minutes or more to complete.
*** INSTALLED ALL NECESSARY UPDATES PLUS THE GOOGLE DRIVER UNDER THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS***

6. Once the download is done, close the SDK Manager.

7. You should now see a folder called usb_driver. Open that folder.
***I ONLY HAVE A FOLDER CALLED GOOGLE USB DRIVER***

8. You will see a file called android_winusb.inf. Open that file in notepad.

--- Alternatively you can just download an android_winusb.inf file with all of the modifications already done here:

rapidshare.com android_winusb.inf

--- You would then just copy over the original android_winusb.inf file in your \android-sdk-windows\usb_driver folder.
--- Once the file is over written, skip to step 12

***I DOWNLOADED THIS FILE, AND IT WILL NOT WORK, MY COMPUTER WON'T RECOGNIZE IT.SO I ADDED MYSELF, BUT STILL NO LUCK, HOWEVER, THE ORIGINAL FILE(UN-MODED ONE) WORKED, SUCCESSFULLY RECOGNIZED THE DEVICE AND ADDED ADB INTERFACE.***
IM RUNNING WINDOWS7 32BIT.
IS THERE SOMETHING SPECIAL IF WE DO IT UNDER WINDOWS7?

9. Right underneath the section labeled [Google.NTx86] paste in the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&MI_01
; Android Eclair
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF

10. Right underneath the section labeled [Google.NTamd64] paste in the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&MI_01

---- Note --- Thanks goes to phygman at XDA-Developers and lschroeder at tipster.the-talk.net for the code here to get the ADB driver working in XP

11. Save the changes in the android_winusb.inf file

12. Plug in your Kyros device. Windows will still not find the driver for the device, but go into the Device manager, and select AndroidEclair, and update driver, browse my computer, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

13. Click "Have Disk" and browse to the c:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver folder. Double click on android_winusb.inf.

14. Select Android ADB Interface.

15. It will then come up with some messages about this is unsigned or something, are you sure you want to do this, click yes or continue.

Then it will install the driver and detect the kyros.

Installing ClockworkMod Recovery to back up your Kyros.

1. On your pc, download recovery.img and place it on the root folder of your sd card (\)

Recovery.img can be found here: sendspace.com vkv6yz

2. Put the sd card back into the tablet and then plug the usb cable into the tablet, and then your pc. Make sure your tablet is powered on.

3. Open the Command Prompt in windows (cmd.exe)

4. Go to the android-sdk-windows\tools folder. Since I placed the android-sdk-windows folder on the root of my c drive, I typed cd\android-sdk-windows\tools and pressed enter.
***I GONE UNDER INTO THE TOOLS FOLDER***

5. Type adb shell and press enter.

***HERES THE PROBLEM, WHEN I TYPE IN ADB SHELL, IT SAYS DEVICE NOT FOUND AND WHEN I TYPE IN ADB DEVICES,UNDER LIST OF DEVICES, ITS BLANK.***

I‘m stuck here and can't go beyond this point, someone please help, thanks.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i have connected my tablets to my pc and adb never sees them but i still run commands that work so you can just try and keep going or you can an easier way to root like z4root or universal androot

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Hey GSD I tried about a million times using my Windows 7 x64 bit desktop with no luck. So, I snatched up my girlfriends XP netbook and rooted my device that way... wallah! I would say if at all possible try and find a different machine with XP installed.

Also in r8 of the Android SDK the USB drivers are not automatically installed- in fact, you have to choose to install all the optional GOOGLE Packages as the USB drivers are included in those.

The "device not found error" is not necessarily because of your device. The ADB SHELL and related cmd files are in the "platform-tools" folder not "tools". Trying switching to the "platform-tools" directory.

gsd1214

Dec 29, 2010
BK,you are a true life saver.......all done, market installed.
OMG,completely different experiences...
this is the real stuff....