Some problems with my S7 - Joenilan Froyo

MWS

Sep 6, 2011
Hi all and greetings from Germany,

I have updated my S7 with Joenilan's recommended Froyo Ext4 Image some days ago.

While using the tablet in the past days, several problems occured:

1. I can not send short messages (SMS). SMS Service Number is ok, and I can also use the S 7 as a mobile phone. But SMS couldn't be sent.

2. When writing an email, (with K-9 Mail) I alwas get the english T9 Dictionary instead the german. I have made all adjustments in the "Settings" Area, switched everything to "German", but the T9 Dictionary is still in english.

3. I have ROM Manager installed (newest release), but I can't use it, because it always says, that I have to install ClockworkMod first. Then a Checkbox with several models appears, but the Huawei S7 is not in the list. Can I use a similar or other model from the list to install clockworkMod?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Marc

ere95588

Apr 17, 2011
For the first: first flash Official Froyo Firmware and then flash Joenilan Froyo can be resolved

MWS

Sep 6, 2011
Hello again,

Solved some problems the last few days. Now I can send Sms. The problem was not the software, it was my SIM card. Because having a multiple SIM, I have to switch between these cards to send and receive SMS. I really did not knew that. So every thing works fine now.

The second problem was no German T9 dictionary on my tablet. I solved this by installing the slide it keyboard. Works fine and its worth the money.

The third problem still persists. When trying to use ROM manager, the program says, I d should install clockworkmod first. Then a menu appears, but my device is not listed there. And second, I t think thatI have clockworkMod still installed, it appears when pressing home, send and power while booting the device. ButI can't use it when starting ROM manager. any ideas about that?

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Marc

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum