Some questions about the AUGen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Though this tablet is a great device for the money.. the few key features that it lacked really made it redundant for me... alot of fun tinkering with and using.. learned alot as far as what goes on in the back ground of the Android OS... I'll deffinatly be buying me another Android tablet... this one just didn't meet my needs completetly... so back to the Big-K it went last night...

Ciao 4 now

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Did you have problems taking your's back? When I took mine back they said that they had not seen any of them before but after a look in the electronic department I saw that they had one! LOL!

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
I KNOW that my receipt said I could return it up to 90d after receipt date, and IIRC it further stated that it could be returned to ANY Kmart store, which is handy since there is one somewhat closer to me than the one that I eventually found it at...

I'm going to give them a few more weeks(maybe 1m) to get the source code o.w. back it goes. (I got it specifically to play around w/building Android as well as be useful for light web browsing & email...)

Tipstir returned his yesterday as well... and apparently linckraker just returned his last one instead of getting it replaced...

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
No no problems at all... the rep didn't even look in the box.. lol..

I even took it to a Kmart here in my home town, where i could never find one.. and i had bought it in the city where i work, which is about 50 miles away... no problems..

and an F.Y.I. ... doing the factory data reset does take everything off... it went back to the initial clear slate.. but it retained the v3 software and root... lol... a nice surprise for the next person to get it...

you can bypass the initial set up on android devices by going from corner to corner on the initial google set up screen.. touch the blaack area in the pattern... upper left.. upper right.. lower right.. lower left.. then it goes to the primary home screen....

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
I returned mine a while back

loved it but there are other tablets that are better for the money+features right now

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I returned mine a while back

loved it but there are other tablets that are better for the money+features right now

Obiwan22 you still in love with your Archos?....lol

I've read horror stories about their customer service... so i call their tech supprort yesterday and got through in just a min or so.. maybe i got lucky... told them i just had some questions about the new up coming line and their return policy.. the woman seemed to be informed, courteous and surprisingly natively speaking english... WOW... stayed on the line 3 min or so answered my questions and said she hoped that i'd soon be a customer...

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Obiwan22 you still in love with your Archos?....lol

I've read horror stories about their customer service... so i call their tech supprort yesterday and got through in just a min or so.. maybe i got lucky... told them i just had some questions about the new up coming line and their return policy.. the woman seemed to be informed, courteous and surprisingly natively speaking english... WOW... stayed on the line 3 min or so answered my questions and said she hoped that i'd soon be a customer...

Must of got lucky!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well I see you all had decided to return yours also. Whatever your receipt reads for the return policy is what the return clerk will do. Mine said Oct 31st, 2010 was the last day to return it. Now that viewsonic coming out next month might be the way to go for us here who have returned the GT78 except the Archos fan too late BB only gives you 14 days for computer gear.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
the viewsonic's out for me with the reported price of $429 via engadget... :(

archos or some other... maybe even augen again if they get the espresso line opperating correctly out of the gate... but i'm not gonna bye one that i have to wait for software updaes to get the basic functionality up to par...

there's gonna be aplenty to choose from this holiday season, per the word on the net.. best buy even has one in the works supposedly...

livingenzyme

Sep 3, 2010
Ok, someone explain this to me. May be I'm just a dumbass or something so I don't understand this. Tablets are toys. They are used for watching movies, checking emails, etc. Any real work we can get done out of a tablet pc is a plus, but it's not a requirement of the tablet. So, why in the world would anyone spend more than $200 on a toy? Unless you got money coming out of your ears, why would people support such blatant extorsion?

I'm currently happy with my gentouch. I've gotten everything that I expected when I first heard about it. Actually, I'm having second thoughts about linc's pirate update. Things are just not running as smoothly as when before I applied linc's update.

But anyway, it's a toy, people. It's not meant to solve world hunger or be your new best friend.

onihiro

Aug 27, 2010
Ok all I'm jumpin ship. I will take back my GenTouch to K-mart tomorrow. Im jimpin on the Archos band wagon. I will be getting the Archos 43. It has Froyo a mic a cam bluetooth a G-sensor a kickstand a 3.5 HEADPHONE JACK. sure its a 4.3 in screen but it is nice for just $199.

I will miss you all. you can still find me on the archos forums here or at SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web! or at Forum.ArchosFans.com - Index page

Status
Not open for further replies.