Stuck on "Prepare software package" MID re-flash 1.6 wmt2.1.2_105

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Hello there,

I have bought a generic tablet from chinavasion.com:
a MID - Android 1.6 - wmt2.1.2_105
7 Inch Android Tablet with WiFi and Camera

1. It worked well first. Then I tried to dim the brightness in order to save battery and could not see anything afterwards, it went completely dark. WARNING: you don't do that, leave the brightness settings alone!
  2. The only chance I thought was to re-flash it. The customer service sent me the original script folder, which I thought ought to do it. I put it on a micro-SD (in FAT32) but I only got the following message:
  3. "Prepare software package ..." then nothing else happens.

Do you have any solution to solve this problem? I repeat, I have the original SCRIPT FOLDER but only got that message, even though I waited a long time.
Do I have to do something else before that? Or perhaps change something in a file like update.sh?

Thank you!

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hello there,

I have bought a generic tablet from chinavasion.com:
a MID - Android 1.6 - wmt2.1.2_105
7 Inch Android Tablet with WiFi and Camera

1. It worked well first. Then I tried to dim the brightness in order to save battery and could not see anything afterwards, it went completely dark. WARNING: you don't do that, leave the brightness settings alone!
  2. The only chance I thought was to re-flash it. The customer service sent me the original script folder, which I thought ought to do it. I put it on a micro-SD (in FAT32) but I only got the following message:
  3. "Prepare software package ..." then nothing else happens.

Do you have any solution to solve this problem? I repeat, I have the original SCRIPT FOLDER but only got that message, even though I waited a long time.
Do I have to do something else before that? Or perhaps change something in a file like update.sh?

Thank you!

Hi je_accuse,

you have a wmt, the problem you describe occur when you've flashed the wrong version. You need to use a wmt version!

good luck

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for your reply, but I really don't know what's a wmt version... I'm sorry.
As I said, I have the original script folder, that's what I was given for the recovery by the customer service.
Do I need something else or something extra?

app_en\
app_scn\
app_tcn\
driver\
etc\
pre_data_disk\
pre_local_disk\
pre_root_disk\
pre_root_disk_scn\
pre_root_disk_tcn\
special_driver\
rescriptcmd
scriptcmd
prepare.bin
u-boot.bin
uzImage_ac97.bin
uzImage_i2s.bin
wload.bin
wload_128M.bin
hint_en.bmp
hint_scn.bmp
hint_tcn.bmp
animation.data
logo.data
ramdisk_for_restore.gz
ramdisk_for_upgrade.gz
partition.sh
update.sh
android_fs.tar
busybox_1.16.tar
data.tar
88_wmt2.1.2_udisk_boot_20101108.txt

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
These folders must be present on your SD card in a folder called "script":

e.g.:
I:\SCRIPT\app_en\
I:\SCRIPT\app_scn\
I:\SCRIPT\app_tcn\
I:\SCRIPT\driver\
I:\SCRIPT\etc\

Hope this helps you, the filestructure seems to be OK and I don't anything essential missing.

EDIT:

BTW this is a wmt version which is ok! (88_wmt2.1.2_udisk_boot_20101108.txt) I believe wmt is the second gen of these tablets, they differ a bit from the first that's why you must be careful using other firmware!

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
OK so I guess I have the right thing... and I have it in a script folder on the SD, I know that.
So, why then I'm getting this message? "Prepare software package ..." then nothing.

Supplimentary: is it obligatory to have on the micro-SD ONLY the script folder? What if there was another folder along with it, would that be a problem?

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Ok so the files are put in the script directory, very good. The update crashes on "Prepare software package..." ? I've had a rom once, updated my ePad with it, and it took over 5mins ! to prepare the software packages, maybe you need to wait 5 - 8 mins ?

It's not needed to have only the folder \SCRIPT on the SD, I've updated all my stuff with a lot of other folders on the card.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Well, that's not it either, I've waited 20 minutes and more...
Thanks for wanting to help, man.
Any other ideas?
Perhaps I should also say it goes directly to that message, it's not like it does something before and crashes there.

P.S. I'm not very far from you, I live in Leuven :)

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Aaah Leuven :) that's not far indeed! No problem, I like to help others out, just like I needed help when I started with tablets (and received help!). So this message pops up directly when you power on the device. Maybe, the reseller gave you the wrong rom, my good friend tipstir has something you might want to try:

Tweaked WMT2.1.1_105 Rooted ROM MOD Beta M150010b 11/19/10

Try flashing this rom, I hope this will help you.

Robbie

Dec 2, 2010
Aaah Leuven :) that's not far indeed! No problem, I like to help others out, just like I needed help when I started with tablets (and received help!). So this message pops up directly when you power on the device. Maybe, the reseller gave you the wrong rom, my good friend tipstir has something you might want to try:

Tweaked WMT2.1.1_105 Rooted ROM MOD Beta M150010b 11/19/10

Try flashing this rom, I hope this will help you.

Hi je_accuse,

Have you tried the rom version that RomanticEvil has recommended. As I have the same build as you wmt2.1.1.2_105 and was thinking of installing this also.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Hi je_accuse,

Have you tried the rom version that RomanticEvil has recommended. As I have the same build as you wmt2.1.1.2_105 and was thinking of installing this also.

I've tried it, however nothing changed for me. I'm not saying it woudn't work... As I don't have a microSD dedicated reader, I've used my mobile phone to have it formatted and copy the script folder. I'm buying these days a dedicated reader to see if it's because of my complicated handling of the microSD or... it's a brick. I only get "Prepare software package ..." then nothing.
There is a discrepancy between our builds, is it not? Mine is wmt2.1.2_105

Robbie

Dec 2, 2010
I've tried it, however nothing changed for me. I'm not saying it woudn't work... As I don't have a microSD dedicated reader, I've used my mobile phone to have it formatted and copy the script folder. I'm buying these days a dedicated reader to see if it's because of my complicated handling of the microSD or... it's a brick. I only get "Prepare software package ..." then nothing.
There is a discrepancy between our builds, is it not? Mine is wmt2.1.2_105

No there is no discrepancy between our builds as that was a mistype by me. Mine is also WMT2.1.2_105 from what I have researched so far these seem to be one of the latest builds coming from China. Unfortunately for us there does not seem to be a rom flash available, or at least I have not found one. We definitely need one because on mine WIFI is unstable, performance is slow and the app market works but seems to be a very small market. I think it's just a case of trying different roms and hopefully one will work eventually. I have tried the rom that RomanticEvil recommended you, which was recommended to me by Tipstir who's been a great help, however with no luck, ran into some kind of NAND error and could not delete file system. Tipstir has recommended me another rom which is ePad OD | APPLE ICONS + MARKET + SL + 3G + BT + RR-MOD TZ1113C | 12/4/10 however haven't tried it yet, probably try it at the weekend when I've got a bit more time. Anyway hope you sort out your tablet and get it working again, and hopefully we find a good rom flash.

Regards
Rob

koot

Dec 7, 2010
Hello i had also some troubles with my mid tablet. I Downloaded 4 files from File Management The first part is `update software for the item CVUK-PC06-2GEN.part1.rar`. Then put the 4 .rar files in the same folder with winrar `overwrite=yes`. Then put a 2 gig microsd in your phone or other card reader device and connect it with your computer and format the sd in fat32 and put the script on it. Then put the sd in the tablet and reboot it. It worked for me. All the alternative roms didn`t work for me. So for now where stucked with WMT2.1.2_105 for the moment.
Sorry for my english writing.

Regards
Koot

Last edited:

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
I've already tried the one mentioned by Koot (provided by the seller chinavasion.com) but to no avail. I only get "Prepare software package ..." then nothing else happens.

I thought it was perhaps because I used a phone instead of a dedicated reader to handle the micro-SD but... Koot says he did the same and it worked for him... crap.

Last edited:

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Robbie, I tried ePad OD | APPLE ICONS + MARKET + SL + 3G + BT + RR-MOD TZ1113C | 12/4/10 but didn't work for me
- says something like Android... prepare software package... you try it and come back to say how was it with yours.

koot

Dec 7, 2010
Try a sd adapter which will convert the micro sd to a normal sd card. And try it with your HD camera or photo camera. Or try a dedicated reader which you mentioned. Or buy a new sd card they don`t cost much. Maybe Your sd card contains bad sectors. The above mentioned firmware worked great for me. I even did some experiments with the original firmware or ROM.
I mixed the original script with a mod one. That also worked great. The tablet is acting a bit faster now.