SYNETA7 netbook

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
hwver=11.7.1.1
Nothing found on either the dg-support2a.com or 222.73.93.45 update servers.

Next step would be to dump the mtd2 "resv" partition for investigation to see if it contains data.

Some devices have had either a backup system image SYSBACK also known as ADR_AS in IUW.exe or "zSYS.img". Others have had a full InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) and others just padding 0xffffffff.

This takes a little more effort and the steps are posted. Use the "Search Forum" feature.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
digital gadgets used to distributed this netbooks with windows ce, the main problem that I know they had is that there are not a lot of programs available to install on them; thats why they change the os of them to android

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

dryce

Dec 6, 2011
Nothing found on either the dg-support2a.com or 222.73.93.45 update servers.

Next step would be to dump the mtd2 "resv" partition for investigation to see if it contains data.

Some devices have had either a backup system image SYSBACK also known as ADR_AS in IUW.exe or "zSYS.img". Others have had a full InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) and others just padding 0xffffffff.

This takes a little more effort and the steps are posted. Use the "Search Forum" feature.

Here is the resv partition dump mtd2.img

Let me know if I can provide anything further. I'm not sure I could check the image properly.

acousticfreek

Mar 22, 2012
How did you get the smartbook to show up on another computer... I have a smartbook just like yours and i believe someone before me softbricked it and I wanna try to breathe life into this please reply with any info you can on here or email me @ [email protected] thanks so much

dryce

Dec 6, 2011
How did you get the smartbook to show up on another computer... I have a smartbook just like yours and i believe someone before me softbricked it and I wanna try to breathe life into this please reply with any info you can on here or email me @ [email protected] thanks so much

I installed terminal emulator on the smartbook and ran dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/mtd2.img bs=4096

I used an sd card to install the terminal and rooted with universal androot. I don't think there is a way to use adb to connect the smartbook via usb. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover the SYNETA7 in the typical ways or not. I'm still researching, but so far no one is extensively working on anything for this specific model. The methods used in other Sylvania tablets may or may not work.

dryce

Dec 6, 2011
I installed terminal emulator on the smartbook and ran dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/mtd2.img bs=4096

I used an sd card to install the terminal and rooted with universal androot. I don't think there is a way to use adb to connect the smartbook via usb. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover the SYNETA7 in the typical ways or not. I'm still researching, but so far no one is extensively working on anything for this specific model. The methods used in other Sylvania tablets may or may not work.

Not sure if this helps you, but you can use adb wireless if you have a wireless system setup. If you're soft-bricked I'm not sure you could even load the apk. But here is a setup guide Use ADB Wirelessly Over Wi-Fi With adbWireless for Android
you will need the SDK.

staplebench

Dec 24, 2011
It finally died. It is stuck at the Infotmic screen. It used to get stuck at the orange Sylvania screen but I pressed the reset button on the bottom. I bought two of these for my kids for Christmas and they were a hit for a while. My sons power supply for his died shortly after he got it. He and his sister shared hers until his Syneta7 died. Pretty sure the heat from charging it killed it. My daughters continued to operate until august when it got stuck on the Sylvania logo.
In hindsight, I wish I would have got them the Kindle or another reputable brand. I have sent an email to Sylvania support but I doubt I will hear from them.