T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

cathi888

Jan 6, 2011
I put my husband's TM smartphone sim in and I could access the internet fine, but I could not download anything. Just said waiting on data connection.

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
well i got a buddy in the tm store who did in 30 min what the whole customer service couldn't do in five hours but he set me up with a prepaid data only plan and i can get on line now cant make calls on it any more with this sim but oh well i have a phone and i can buy data only when i need it the data plans start at 10$ for 100mb 30$ for 300mb 50$ for 1gb so get u a sim and tell them you want a prepaid data plan i still think its wrong the way they did us but thats the only way to try and get people to buy the same data plan as the samsung galaxy tab but they want a two year contract with that

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
That's what my store offered to do, too. $10/100Mb (which expires after one week). You have to add a refill every 90 days or the sim expires and you have to go into a store and activate a new one (no charge except the data). Would have done it if they had agreed to credit me the $30 on my other plan that I can't use now...

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
So is the TM sim card working or not? I almost picked up a phone with the SIM card the other day. I then saw this thread. I do not have a TM store around so I can not go buy just the SIM card at this time.

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
I would wait a couple of days. Someone said it can take a while before TM recognizes the IMEI number and kills data... Besides, maybe our emails and howls of anger may trigger a fix (but I'm not counting on it).

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
So is the TM sim card working or not? I almost picked up a phone with the SIM card the other day. I then saw this thread. I do not have a TM store around so I can not go buy just the SIM card at this time.

not the one from out your phone u need a new card and u have to setup a prepaid data plan and thats really hard to do over the phone best thing u can do is go to walmart and see if they can set it up for u being that they sell tm phones and the reason u have to go to a store to do this and u cant do it off the phone is because they need the imei number off of a data stick to setup ur sim card

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
I would wait a couple of days. Someone said it can take a while before TM recognizes the IMEI number and kills data... Besides, maybe our emails and howls of anger may trigger a fix (but I'm not counting on it).

i wouldnt count on it when u call them they show u that they dont care and i have three contract phones with them and they still treated me like **** thats why i wont be with them long

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Hello everyone, today I got a call from Arron Marshall ( t mobile executive), (sorry if I miss spelled it ) from my emails to the old CEO's email adress. he was very nice and I was finally able to talk to someone who I could understand and comunicate with. The only work around he sujested was a 2 sim card deal at the moment. One for data and one voice.. it works about to about 10 dollars more a month for the set up. He did think that this issue might be fixed in the near future as the company was releasing a bunch more tablet devices and data devises this year.

So I went to the t mobile store to get a 2nd account or whatever for data plan but they couldnt do that on the flex pay account. So what Im going to do is call arron back tomarrow and see if he can over ride that or upgrade us and also email the new CEO as I was able to get his email as well.( [email protected] )( dont ask who I got it from cause I wont say who ) anyways needless to say this is all a bit fustrating but at least t mobile ups are starting to hear us. they also read this fourm about this problem as we briefly spoke about it and he understood our fustration. Of course I incurage everyone to voice there thoughts and options to the hire ups. send your emails to the emails I have posted in this thread.

thanks everyone..

Last edited:

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
It's great that someone from TM actually responded. That reflects well on them. I know some people are going to go the 2 SIM card route, and of course that's fine if they're willing to pay the extra monthly fees. For me, I'm just frustrated that I can't use my device in the manner for which it was designed. I already have a smartphone with WiFi tethering, so I was only going to use the TM account as a backup. If they don't resolve the problem, I'll just drop TM altogether and tether off my Verizon Pre. TM loses the business. I really don't lose much.

419guy

Nov 17, 2010
It's great that someone from TM actually responded. That reflects well on them. I know some people are going to go the 2 SIM card route, and of course that's fine if they're willing to pay the extra monthly fees. For me, I'm just frustrated that I can't use my device in the manner for which it was designed. I already have a smartphone with WiFi tethering, so I was only going to use the TM account as a backup. If they don't resolve the problem, I'll just drop TM altogether and tether off my Verizon Pre. TM loses the business. I really don't lose much.

So I can use my Tmobile phone to tether to my S7? How would I do that? I can tether my laptop and the Archos 101 with my Nokia Nuron, but I see no way on the S7 to allow tethering.

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
So I can use my Tmobile phone to tether to my S7? How would I do that? I can tether my laptop and the Archos 101 with my Nokia Nuron, but I see no way on the S7 to allow tethering.

I probably should have said that better... My Verizon Palm Pre has a wifi hotspot, so I'll just run the S7 through that. I was going to use TM as a backup in case my Pre battery died or I couldn't get Vzon service. Probably wouldn't have used it much anyway since Vzon has better coverage in most of the places I go. Would have basically been giving TM $10 every 90 days just for the he** of it. That's why I think it's dumb for them to drive customers away like this - there are other options.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
I probably should have said that better... My Verizon Palm Pre has a wifi hotspot, so I'll just run the S7 through that. I was going to use TM as a backup in case my Pre battery died or I couldn't get Vzon service. Probably wouldn't have used it much anyway since Vzon has better coverage in most of the places I go. Would have basically been giving TM $10 every 90 days just for the he** of it. That's why I think it's dumb for them to drive customers away like this - there are other options.

I agree 100%.. yeah today I picked up a LG Optomus and pluged in my sim to it and there is a few diffrent apps out there that create wifi hotspots for android.. I have barnacle on my s7 but I havent rooted the LG yet so I just put on " Hotspot widget" it seems to be working fairly well with it and the s7 for a wireless teathering option.. So I got to go back into t mobile and change back my plan the way it was...

Jan 11, 2011
last friday afternoon, my sister-in-law & i experienced data connectivity issues on both of our s7's. after many hours with hauwei & t-mobile tech support, and a lot of verbal somersaults, it was not resolved. and it sucks! someone is lying and it's neither my sister-in-law nor i. now, we are faced with the prospect of returning our s7s to best buy and i am not holding my breath! this is truly unfair. we bought the product based on the belief that it will work using our t-mobile sim cards, never mind that android 2.1 is wanting in many things and the s7's touch sensitivity is well, insensitive. these guys have to own up to their promise, implied or otherwise. surely, it shouldn't take a lawsuit to rectify the problem.

bobko

Jan 11, 2011
I just got off the phone with David (Rimaloy?) in T-Mobile's executive offices. He told me that Tmo has decided that the S7 is not a smart phone. It is only a tablet and can only be on a tablet data plan. Or it is only a phone and may be used as a dumb phone. Not Both! His fix for me is to buy a new phone and then set up a separate data contract with them. This is the response to someone who has been with them since the voicestream days.

They made this decision and instated it period and according to David there is no plan to reverse the decision. to all the loyal tmo customers I believe this qualifies as the big bird!

I have spoken to ATT and was told if it has a phone built in it is a phone and they have no contract programs for those of us about to change.

If you would like to ask dave yourself about this the corp office # for tmo is 8772906323x3418065

Last edited:

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I just got off the phone with David (Rimaloy?) in T-Mobile's executive offices. He told me that Tmo has decided that the S& is not a smart phone. It is only a tablet and can only be on a tablet data plan. His fix for me is to buy a new phone and then set up a separate data contract with them. This is the response to someone who has been with them since the voicestream days.

They made this decision and instated it perion and according to David there is no plan to reverse the decision. to all the loyal tmo customers I believe this qualifies as the big bird!

I have spoken to ATT and was told if it has a phone built in it is a phone and they have no contract programs for those of us about to change.

If you would like to ask dave yourself about this the corp office # for tmo is 8772906323x3418065

What?? Sorry, not understanding your post.