T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
lol I better not say cuz it might get popular enough for t mobile to ban it so I wont be able to use it..

Opus

Jan 13, 2011
So let me get this straight....if I go to Best Buy today, and buy a Ideos S7, and take my sim out of my Motorola Cliq, and put it in my shiny new S7, that T-Mobile will block my data plan that I am paying for on my android powered smart phone, because the screen is too big?
I actually bought a S7 on Nov. 24th, and returned it a week later, for an iPad. However I am now in the market for a phone, because I shattered the glass on my Cliq, I bought an Optimus T from TMobile for roughly the same price as the S7, and thought to myself how stupid this is, the S7 has twice the processor for the same money.
This seems like tmobile is breaking the law somehow.

MrSpeeb

Dec 27, 2010
Opus - You should double check for yourself but my experience tells me that the scenario you described should work. As far as I know the only plans that are being blocked are the so called pre-paid/pay-as-you-go accounts and not the post-paid/contract/monthly accounts. Again, please investigate for your self though and don't take my experience as the final word. I'm only relaying what the T-Mobile engineers told me. Then again, there doesn't seem to be a consistent position coming from T-Mobile.

Opus

Jan 13, 2011
Well then I guess Im going to return my Optimus t (it's a dog, better then my cliq, but still has a lot of lag when scrolling through anything) today, and go back to best buy and buy another Ideos S7. Worse that happens is that I lose a little bit on restocking fee for two companies. I just have to get usednto that resistive screen again, I had a screen protector on thenlastnone, and I think that that made it worse.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
it wont work on the "normal accounts eather I tryed a sim from somone elses account too.. wont work.. it has to do with the imei number the device has and it requinizes it within a few days and blocks you..

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
Got a reply from my email to the TM CEO today. Name and phone number to call. Only voicemail so far. Will update if I get through.

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
Update: Got a phone call from someone who works in the president's office at T-mobile. I explained the situation to her and she said she would pass the issue on to the tech dept to take a look at. I explained that Best Buy is selling the S7 so there's an opportunity for TM to pick up new customers. I also asked her to update me if TM decides to change the policy so I could pass it on to this group. Not holding my breath, but at least they gave me a chance to say my fill...

recuerdeme

Feb 1, 2011
So I spoke with a T-mobile Moderator. T-Mobile does indeed read phones IMEIs and they have labeled the Huawei s7 as a web connect device and they don't have plans for voice/data for this particular kind of device... therefore you get either voice or data but not both.

I asked them about the rumor that the Deal Streak 7 will also have voice calling capabilities and how they intended to have this device on their network... the rep didn't know the answer but speculated that they would do the same "blocking" for the Dell... which I find to be either a lie or extremely stupid.

I put in a request that they update their database and label the s7 as something else other than web connect device... I doubt it will happen but eh more people request perhaps something will happen.

Jstorm1

Feb 2, 2011
Hi. I'm new to the site and recently purchased an S7 from Best Buy. I've been following this thread and feeling all kinds of dread. I had read a post in another thread about the S7 and T-Mobile and someone said it worked right the first time. Now I read that they will allow either data or voice. No problem, I would like to choose voice and use Wi-Fi for data anyway. My question is this: Since I recently purchased a cheap T-Mobile phone for it's SIM card and purchased a $30 Pay-as-you-go card, should I go ahead and put it in my S7 and register and active the SIM and Pay-as-you-go card? If not, then I'm going to return them, but I'm keeping my S7. We've been nearly inseparable since I got it just a couple weeks ago.

I also agree with many on this thread that T-Mobile is making not only a grave mistake, but a foolish one at that. I believe the old adage still stands true that the CUSTOMER is always right...not CEO...not the Executive...not the Help Desk...but the customer. I believe someone should remind them of this fact. Perhaps they have just forgotten it or they feel that they are now above that adage. In other words too big for their britches.

Just my take. Any responses to my query would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-J.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hi jstorm1-

I have a sim card activated in a cheap t-mob go phone from a year ago. It has worked in an unlocked iphone and my hs7. No data for tmobile, but voice is good. Voice and data work for att.

Sent from my Ideos S7

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Well i ended up just taking my att sim out of my LG Prime and now just use my S7 for everything with a bluetooth, but the speaker is good to. Then i just use my tmobile flip for voice and text when traveling light lol, doesnt happen much.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Jstorm, i recently bought a $15 payg tmobile phone, activated it, then i took the sim out and put in my s7

&welcome to the fun!

Sent from my s7 thru space & time

Jstorm1

Feb 2, 2011
Thanks for the warm welcome guys & gals. I just activated my sim and added my $30 card. It only gave me 170 minutes, which isn't much, but I may get a $30 a month plan or something. I activated the sim on the phone it came with and then put it in my S7. After a couple of snags (mainly may fault. LOL.) I was able to send & receive calls and SMS messages. One question though, is there any way to use it like a normal phone or does it always use speaker phone unless you use a headset?