Tablet Dialer - ICS

Dec 23, 2012
Color me surprised. When my Pantech Element started sending and receiving text messages when the Pantech website specifically stated that it couldn't, I was pretty surprised. Upon further investigation this tablet can not only send/receive texts but can also make phone calls!

However, this tablet doesn't have the correct software loaded to it. I activated the SMS using Go SMS PRO (which I deleted, too many permissions on that thing) but I'm going to assume the calling software is a bit more complicated. What is a good dialing application that I could experiment with to get the voice capabilities up and running on this?

Thanks in advance!
Jason

MrFastZombie

Dec 30, 2012
I suggest Text Plus, it has a neat UI and you can get minutes easily, just by watching a 30 Second advertisement, you get 2 Minutes (Which is probably alot for that time spent on the ad) Calling to someone else on their Text Plus though, is free and Texting is free for anyone without or with text plus.

Dec 23, 2012
you misunderstand what it is I'm looking for. The tablet itself has capabilities of sending SMS messages and sending and receiving voice calls, which means I don't need to use VOIP or apply for some type of service to send text messages. using these services is however how I discovered that these tablets have the capabilities. By mistake I found out that the tablet itself was sending and receiving text messages and not using an aggregate service.

what I need are the system files so I can access the phone's capability off receiving and dialing phone calls. It has all the necessary hardware but for some reason Pantech and AT&T wanted to deny the service for the the tablet.

I'm also assuming this is going to require that I flash the ROM. We've got are elements rooted but we cannot as of yet flash them,as far as I know, since the ICS update.

Dec 23, 2012
Probably because it was carried by ATT in direct competition with the iPad. Every review of it is 8/10 or 4/5 stars. Developers knew it was good but would also flop. I don't really mind, I love mine and got it for free, I just wish I could flash the ROM :-( AHEM HINT HINT HINT.