Tablet "EXO WAVE" I101r GSM Voice Call disabled

dreamermx

Nov 22, 2021
Hello!

Hello, I have a new Tablet "Exo Wave I101r" with GSM Chip. During the first hours of use, receive and carry out calls normally. Immediately afterward, a notice appears saying that it cannot be registered in the red. This goes with different chips from different companies... (the tablet is released)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Just a guess, but your carrier likely requires the tablet to have a data-only SIM, meaning standard SIM cards will get blocked by the carrier. Talk to your carrier, as the issue you're having doesn't seem to be device-related.

dreamermx

Nov 22, 2021
Just a guess, but your carrier likely requires the tablet to have a data-only SIM, meaning standard SIM cards will get blocked by the carrier. Talk to your carrier, as the issue you're having doesn't seem to be device-related.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I thought about it, but it happens with chips from different companies ... :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I thought about it, but it happens with chips from different companies ... :(
Likely because all the SIM cards you tried have both voice and data attached to them. You need to be using a data-only SIM, which is why I said to contact the carrier. They can sign you up for a data-only plan. You won't be able to make calls using the tablet, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

dreamermx

Nov 22, 2021
Likely because all the SIM cards you tried have both voice and data attached to them. You need to be using a data-only SIM, which is why I said to contact the carrier. They can sign you up for a data-only plan. You won't be able to make calls using the tablet, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway.
Hi, thanks for your response! Why can't it be used for calls if it worked and uses chip? why do they block the functionality? I do not understand!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Please explain why I am having to repeat myself here?

I've told you twice now to contact the carrier. I am fairly certain the issue you are having is not tablet-related, but carrier related. Until you contact the carrier and explain the situation at hand, there is nothing anyone can do for you. As to why the carrier may be blocking access, the answer is "because they can". They own the airwaves you are using.

dreamermx

Nov 22, 2021
I may not express myself well, since I do not speak English well. I was referring to why companies do not want the tablet to be used for phone calls. I have called the companies and they say there is no problem with the line or the chip. Greetings

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Because they can. Some carriers offer data-only plans and the SIM cards are limited to wireless data, no calls. My tablet I use at my job is an example: no phone dialer, no calls, only data.

Check the APN of the carrier and make sure it's properly set. You could have something misconfigured. Barring that, you may want to look into a factory reset as that could also resolve your issue.