Tablet For Note Taking

frankypiggs

Dec 17, 2010
I'm looking for a tablet 7-10 inches that has a resistive screen so I'd be able to write on it with a stylus. ~$200. A little more is alright. From what I've looked at online there seems to be a huge amount of tablet with questionable quality. Basically the main characteristics I'm looking for are a quality resistive screen, and that it's fast enough to actually work.

This thing looks neat: Eee Note EA 800, but I'm not fond of the price since an Android tablet would have more capabilities than this. Are there any good android tablets with resistive screens?

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
The pandigiatl novel (white) available at sears, kmart ,office depot,radio shack. can be flashed with android 2.0 (package avail on their website) 7 in color. Has a built in normal sized SD slot I replaced the 1 gb internal micro sd with a 16 gb ($30) at frys) and coupled with documents to go (which allows you to create word and excel and powerpoint documents) made this into a nice little android tablet. You do not have an android market but just load the apk's on an sd card and your set.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
A good app for taken hand written notes is maple paint it works pretty good

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The combo of maple paint and the S7 works really well.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
You can find a comparison between different android tablets at the link in my signature. Most of them are under 200$ (or very close) and most also have a resistive screen. Hope that helps.

frankypiggs

Dec 17, 2010
The combo of maple paint and the S7 works really well.

How is it if you rest your hand on it while you write? Does it still work?

You can find a comparison between different android tablets at the link in my signature. Most of them are under 200$ (or very close) and most also have a resistive screen. Hope that helps.

I don't see any signature.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I hold the tab in one hand and write or draw with the other.

frankypiggs

Dec 17, 2010
So I'm assuming you mean it doesn't work if you rest your hand then? I'd really only be using this on a desk...

dawnlauryn

Apr 16, 2011
How do you open a file you already created in Maple Paint? I use a motorola Xoom and installed astro file manager to find files saved, but it won't open them in any usable format.
Also, I've tried a couple of times to download Evernote from the app store. Can't seem to download it. Is this something I need to start a download on, walk away, them go back in 30 minutes? Should I try to download it from somewhere other than the android app store for better results?