TechVendetta ROM Developement

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I have recently (re)built a CWM for an eMatic eGlide 4 (EGL25BL) a.k.a m1099RA, a 7" Infotmic-sourced NAND unit running 4.03/ICS. It had a 3e version they hamstrung into 'factory reset only'.
I was successful in taking a 4.0.5 version that originally came from Tuzz (in the infamous thread...) and getting it to save/restore all but the 'Local-disk' (mtdblock5, ubifs) section.
(convincing the 3e into doing more than the factory reset is currently beyond my knowledge/ability... :rolleyes: )

Would be more-than willing to cloud you a copy of the backup if you want to take a look at them.
Lee

Kiodo... the 'native' 4.0.1.5 that I used was already configured for the SP1 (256k, 2Gb NAND, 2tf 10") device. If TVD doesnt have anything available, that one will (likely) work for you.
:D

Last edited:

schaefjw

Apr 17, 2012
Does anyone have a link for the 'Bootable sd maker'? I'm not able to download the file from minus.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
The exploded battery was actually from the one that had full usb otg flashing support. My friend gave me his a week ago, but I went out and got the new cvs craig tablet for $50 its so much easier to hack and it even comes rooted! And its capacitive, ICS, and skype compatible. So far all I need to really fix is the kernels usb keyboard support. I'll start digging up all my old sylvania files and see about uploading them for any devs that actually feel like using these old versions. I was thinking these sylvanias would make good control system screens or monitoring screens.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
The exploded battery was actually from the one that had full usb otg flashing support. My friend gave me his a week ago, but I went out and got the new cvs craig tablet for $50 its so much easier to hack and it even comes rooted! And its capacitive, ICS, and skype compatible. So far all I need to really fix is the kernels usb keyboard support. I'll start digging up all my old sylvania files and see about uploading them for any devs that actually feel like using these old versions. I was thinking these sylvanias would make good control system screens or monitoring screens.

I wouldn't mind seeing your code.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tadpole1

Jan 29, 2013
I have a STAB7MX (11.2.7.4) I tried to manually update using SYTABA7MX_Android_132869.ius. I am now stuck at the Sylvania screen. Do you have a copy of SYTAB7MX_Android_132868.ius I can use to restore my system? The update servers are down and unlikely to return.

tmoulder

Mar 27, 2013

Hi TechVendetta, I've been following your work regarding the sylvania tablets for a while, and wanted to thank you for the effort.

Since you mentioned it, I abandoned my SYNET7LP and got a Craig CLP281X, the netbook model to the tablet you mention. Slow going for a while, since Craig did not put up a recovery image until a few months after I bought it, but I've been hacking at it for a while now, and I think you'll have a lot of fun. I'm a noob at this, and was able to get full root and a working market, so somebody with your skill-set should be able to tear it up nicely.