TF101 not charging

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
my TF101 will not charge now. it charged a few hours ago but now that the battery had died off i went to go plug it in and now it will not show that it is charging. im using the charger w/ the wall adapter that came with it. i have even tryed to plug it in the pc and turned it completly off but that has not done anything.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
my TF101 will not charge now. it charged a few hours ago but now that the battery had died off i went to go plug it in and now it will not show that it is charging. im using the charger w/ the wall adapter that came with it. i have even tryed to plug it in the pc and turned it completly off but that has not done anything.

Here is a guide I put together for exactly this purpose over at a sister forum: http://www.transformerforums.com/f.../10501-rs-guide-power-lock-button-issues.html

This should get you up and running. Yes, the freezer trick really does work, I had to use it myself about 2 weeks ago.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
yea im not doing that bc its still under warrenty and ill contact best buy

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Be sure to try plugging it into a PC USB port for 3 hours to see if that helps.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
ok then if that charges any what should i do after that?
it worked fin early with the brick

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Hmm wierd it seems to work but why does,that and will it do it again? And is it bc the brick is just malfunctioned?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think the issue is when the tablet battery gets really low that the wall wart charger has an issue charging it from a flat battery. Using a USB port gives a slower charge and seems to revive it better than the wall wart charger.