the Display/Video/Media thread

sra

Jan 3, 2011
The names are identical - no (1) follows. Clicking on each item plays their respective movie (different). FYI - the name it took on was the name of the second movie copied to the sdcard2. I suppose I could add a third on and see what happens. Should I format the card on my PC instead?

/steve

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hard to say. To me it sounds like a handle corruption issue, but it also doesn't sound like to major a deal. Have you tried renaming the file that is wrong?

sra

Jan 3, 2011
To be specific, in File Manager, I see:
DieAnotherDay.mp4, and FellowshipOfTheRing.mp4 with different timestamps and sizes.

I have to wonder if a third movie copied will become the title of all three. That's my next test.

thanks,
/steve

sra

Jan 3, 2011
Do I feel stupid. I downloaded (to my PC) a tag editor and the movie had the wrong title! Once I fixed it and copied it back to the S7, it displays as it should. duh!

thanks for letting me rant!

/steve

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
No worries. That is what we call a PEBKAC Error (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair) and I have several of those a day!

Glad it is straightened out.

p

mrook15

Dec 26, 2010
I have an HD pocket camcorder that records in Quicktime and they will not open on the S7. Does anyone know how I can play these files or a tool to convert them to whatever the S7 supports. The only vidoes I have been able to play are the ones that are the ones that i record with the S7 camera.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Depends on what app you use to watch video. Don't know about QT on android.

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
Rock player open settings uncheck show media files only. That's what I have to do to play some tyes. Make sure its software mode not hardware

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Any updates? Seems like what is needed is what the native app uses to toggle both camera's from the menu. If fring could find/get this information , i know it would help the fix out greatly.

sra

Jan 3, 2011
I had used this movie on a Sandisk View and it never showed the movie title. I had converted it several years ago!