The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

jbmp

Apr 7, 2011
Hey i am in Shenzhen atm, and are going to SEG this weekend. But I have no idea about which tablet to get and in which store to get it. The place is to huge..
Hope some of you can help

1) Ebooks, watching movies, surfing the internet. Play a few games
2) 150 $
3) 7-10 INCH
4) I know a bit about computers, but are quite new to Android.
5) Shenzhen... Want to buy the tablet in Shenzhen..

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm not actually in Asia, but my best guesses:

四意 Dropad A8 / 海纳 Haipad M7 (Price match or just order this) - capacitive 7" Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 Android 2.2
Potentially good

Ramos 蓝魔 W10 - resistive 7" Amlogic Cortex A9 Android 2.2
Relatively stable

These are the mains one there I would consider. Both 999RMB.

For 10", Infotmic 盈方微 SuperPAD II, Android 2.2 ARM11
Or Zenithink 卓尼斯 2nd Gen Epad ZT-180谷歌
Some features are work in progress, but at 10" not too bad. Don't know which one is better right now though.

jbmp

Apr 7, 2011
Thank you very much.. They seem quite nice actually now i just need to figure out where to get them exactly.. Seems like they are almost the same tablet. Isnt it the same as the aPad m7009 as well?
Do you know if these tablets can play games like Angry Birds etc.. ?

I'm not actually in Asia, but my best guesses:

四意 Dropad A8 / 海纳 Haipad M7 (Price match or just order this) - capacitive 7" Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 Android 2.2
Potentially good

Ramos 蓝魔 W10 - resistive 7" Amlogic Cortex A9 Android 2.2
Relatively stable

These are the mains one there I would consider. Both 999RMB.

For 10", Infotmic 盈方微 SuperPAD II, Android 2.2 ARM11
Or Zenithink 卓尼斯 2nd Gen Epad ZT-180谷歌
Some features are work in progress, but at 10" not too bad. Don't know which one is better right now though.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
They can all play Angry Birds form what I read. I'm going by the trade names I have been reading on Shanzhaiben. Your Shenzhen vendors should be familiar with them. No one calls the Samsung the aPad m7009. They might call it the 7" iPhone 4 as well.

jbmp

Apr 7, 2011
Okay cool.. I will right them down and go on a little adventure this weekend.. But do you know the exact building for the tablet vendors ? Because i went there 3 weeks ago just quick and only saw computer stuff

They can all play Angry Birds form what I read. I'm going by the trade names I have been reading on Shanzhaiben. Your Shenzhen vendors should be familiar with them. No one calls the Samsung the aPad m7009. They might call it the 7" iPhone 4 as well.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Edit: Nevermind.

That was a possibly a fake Tegra 2 spec. Anyways those 4 I listed about I am sure about.

jbmp

Apr 7, 2011
Okay ! No worries, but 1250 was actually my budget maximum maximum - so could have worked.. Probably start looking for 10" tablet first though..

Edit: Nevermind.

That was a possibly a fake Tegra 2 spec. Anyways those 4 I listed about I am sure about.

kitfreeman

Nov 7, 2010
Hi

I'm looking for a pad with the following spec:

1) Function: Primarily for reading and annotating pdfs and other ebooks. Not bothered about e-ink; ability to handle complex pdfs is more important. Wi-fi would be nice. Any other features a bonus.

2) Price: Preferably no more than Euro 150

3) Size: around 7-8" ?

4) Android: Don't know much about Android. Fairly computer literate but not a programmer.

5) Location: Greece

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations, please? Thanks!

Kit

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
10" tablet recommendations please!

Thanks

What do you want to do with it; what's your price range; and how comfortable are you with computers/technology; are you familiar with Android devices?

Lots of 10" tablets out there, but they have some pretty drastic differences; so more info and I am sure you'll get pointed in the right direction.

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Very tech savy actually, and i currently own a generic MID 7" blue LED tablet with custom ROM so im fairly good with android. Uses would be whatever the tablet can handle, web, email , documents, video, music, whatever i can throw at it. I traded some stuff on craigslist for the one i have and it was brand new so its been fun and is fun to mess around on and get used to android but its not good for much other than that, basic web and email and music is about it, cant even play 240P FLV's all the way through on any player, and i have tried all the major ones and read some of tipstirs post on video etc... So moving on basically price range would be the cheaper the better, anything priced under the price of the basic ipad2 is cool, otherwise if in the same range id just get that. lets say 300 and down :)

Thanks

Chefmaster

Mar 18, 2011
Hey guys, looking for a tablet for general use. Here is what I'm aiming at:

1. Mainly using the tablet for fun: internet, youtube, reading books, some music, and pictures/movies

2. my budget is from $130-$180

3. size tablet 7" or 8"

4. I know a little about Android, I'm computer literate- not a programmer though, lol

5. Location: Texas, US

I was looking at either getting the Coby Kyros MID7024 or 7025. Don't know which one would be better, but I do want the option to root it later. if there's other tablets out there which would be about the same or better let me know, any suggestions help. Thanks.

archat68

Feb 6, 2011
10" tablet recommendations please!

Thanks
Get a Viewsonic G tab
or
Archos 101
or
A first gen iPad

Both cost almost same on ebay ~ 280-300$.
Hardware wise the G Tab is a killer (Tegra 2 processor). But the screen is not so great.

Archos has a better screen but has a lower resolution and also a single core 1GHz processor.

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Ya I saw the viewsonic, funny the screen isn't so good being made by a monitor/ tv maker kind of ironic. Archos looks good I would lean more towards the viewsonic for power vs screen. How come ipad gen 1? Same price for dual core gen 2...

Sent from my Generic.Black.FlyTouch using Android Tablet Forum

archat68

Feb 6, 2011
Moddability of the G Tab is much better than the Ipad. You also get the USB port, memory slot and scope for 3G with external dongle. But it needs a fair amount of work.

iPad whereas is awesome out-of-the box if you don't need the above things. IMO iPad will be a bit costlier than the G Tab.

BTW I also bought a G Tab - waiting eagerly for delivery.