This is making my head spinn.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
I am as confused as a baby racoon.

I ordered a what they sad was an aPad, but reading the specs and looking at one of the pictures of the device on there web makes me wounder. The specs seems to be for a RockChip based one, but the picture looks like an ePad/Flytouch. Another funny thing as that they have a two part spec listing.

This is the first part of the specs:

7 inch high brightness TFT screen with display resolution 800 x 480 16:9
Touch screen with icon or menu drag features and auto rotation.
Broadband Internet access, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi
Google chrome lite browser.
Email, Word, Excel, PPT, PDF.
Support Fring, SkypeOut, QQ, MSN, Gtalk.
Wallpaper auto change.
Games.
Desktop gadget.
Storage: nand flash 2GB or 4GB
RAM: 128MB 800Mhz DDR
SD card slot support capacity up to 32GB, free 2GB SD card.
Integrated Stereo speaker.
Integrated microphone.
Audio in/out put.

This is the second part of the specs.

Processor: CPU600MHz + DSP600MHZ
Processor frequency: 1.2GHz
Memory: FAST EPC DDR 128MB
Built-NandFlash: 2G NAND FLASH
Expansion of storage devices: TF card, Flash Drives
LCD display: 7 "TFT touch screen, 800 × 480
Internet support: WIFI wireless Internet access to support
USB: 2X USB
Audio: Built-in stereo speakers 0.5W × 2;Built-in
Battery: 3000mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteries
Power adapter: 110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A
Product Size: 190mm × 118.5mm × 14.7mm
Operating system: Google Android 1.5
GamesApplications: Download large quantity of applications and games
Editing tools: QUICKOFFICE

And this is the picture thats confusing me.

$tablet_picture.jpg

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Picture is the Epad, VIA WM8505
Where did you order from? The web is full of wrong specs.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
Picture is the Epad, VIA WM8505
Where did you order from? The web is full of wrong specs.

Yea, thats what I figured to. This is not the only web store I have stumbled on that has conflicting and or up right misleading information.

The store I got it from is priskungen.com The web store is a Swedish one, but the company is located in China, as most of them are.
I e-mailed them about it, and they sad it was a RockChip based aPad that they sold, not the VIA one. Oh well, as I sad in another post earlier, I will get what I get.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
Well I got the thing, it's an iRobot based on the RockChip. Had fun with it for about two days. Now it won't bot up any more. I wanted to flash a new firmware on it, so I started to install the drivers in Windows for it. Doing that I noticed that the charger cable had come lose, so I plugged it back in again. Windows installed the driver for it, but when I started up the program to flash, it sad that it could not find any "player". Windows doesn't see the device anymore, and the device won't start up what ever I do. The only thing working on the device is the red charger led. :( I have been searching on the net about this problem, and I am not alone with this problem. There's a lot of people with the same problem, and no one seems to have been able to get the sucker to wake up again. Looks like I have to try to return it for a refund, or a new device.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
aPad Android WiFi 1495 SEK this is the one you have?
Press the reset with a paper clip
While the unit is turn on or has power going to it
Do this for 30 seconds It should reboot and come back on.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
aPad Android WiFi 1495 SEK this is the one you have?
Press the reset with a paper clip
While the unit is turn on or has power going to it
Do this for 30 seconds It should reboot and come back on.

Where do I insert the paper clip? The pictures on there web isn't the one they sell. The one I got from them is an iRobot, looks like this.

$apad-ports-2.jpg

There is a tiny hole at the far right is the mic. The one at the far left is power, ant the one next to that is the head phone jack.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There's no where to insert a paperclip on it.

Red LED 9v models have issues. I am hoping you didn't get that one.

The only real solution is to try a battery drain...

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
There's no where to insert a paperclip on it.

Red LED 9v models have issues. I am hoping you didn't get that one.

Yup, that's the one i got. Darn, well if I don't get a replacement, then I will have a new shiny coaster.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
I got some pictures of the device. I would appreciate if some one could help me identify exactly which one it is.

$DSC_0672_small.JPG

$DSC_0673_small.JPG

$DSC_0677_small.JPG

$DSC_0678_small.JPG

$DSC_0679_small.JPG

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It's a Rockchip RK2808a Android tablet. Specs are identical to the ones on HiApad

There's more than one factory making these. I've been advised to stay away from the 9v charger + red LED models.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
It's a Rockchip RK2808a Android tablet. Specs are identical to the ones on HiApad

There's more than one factory making these. I've been advised to stay away from the 9v charger + red LED models.

Thanks! I really appreciate your help. :)

To bad I got the wrong one then. Any pointers as to why to stay away from these?

Let's hope they will replace it. Replacing it seems to be the only option, they don't refund. So I will be stuck with it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I can't figure out a good place to get one at the moment. Maybe MP4Nation, but best check if they have the custom firmware preinstalled.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
See the thing is, if they really got Batch 3s they can't do that anymore. The firmware isn't compatible with Batch 3.

That's why I don't know.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
See the thing is, if they really got Batch 3s they can't do that anymore. The firmware isn't compatible with Batch 3.

That's why I don't know.

This is a mess. Well I could always ask them which one they have, and if they really ship them loaded with the rogerbraun FW. If they do, then it has to be from batch 2.