Time to Move?

fchapman

Oct 2, 2011
Currently use a rooted color Nook (Cynogen mod 7). After the problems with the SD card I didn't move to the Xoom. Was thing about waiting for the Xoom 2 but am impressed with the Galaxy Tab 10.

I'm basically waiting for something similar to the iPad in size. Screen resolution is very important. Size due to eye sight and age of owner. Use is mostly when traveling in terms of movies and email. Keyborad accessory would be nice.

Here is the real question. It seems tablets being introduced are similar but not breakthrough devices that are significantly destinct from existing tablets.

Is there anything coming before the end of the year that would make me hesitant from moving on to a tablet now?

Thanks
fchapman

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
If price is your main concern, I would wait for a possible price drop on current high-end tablets because their second gen counter-parts (Xoom 2, et al.) should be out by Christmas.

If the next leap in tablet technology is your main goal, it's been rumored the Kal-El (Quad Core) tablets may be out in a few months too, but... There has been no confirmation by any major manufacturer at this time. Kal-El will probably be released sometime next year. Therefore, I would wait until next year if a hardware refresh is what you are really aiming for.

michaelpeter

Oct 28, 2011
$happy.gif

The life is also small