WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
^ Yup, that's what I meant. Kind of the dark side, but kind of cool and helpful at the same time. To be honest, I don't mind targeted marketing...I don't mind companies "figuring out what I like or want" and putting the tempting stuff right in front of me. But scanning my email messages?...that I need to think about!

Vic, I'm guessing that real estate in Vegas is a lot better lately?

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
As long as I don't start getting emails from those companies, I am okay with it. Ever since I got my invite to gmail (yeah, that's how long I have had my account) the advertising has been targeted to where I am, what i am emailing, etc. But I have never received any communications related to emails I am sending from anyone other than those I have been talking with, which means that Google may be doing targeted advertising, but they aren't giving my information to anyone else.

Yeah, it appears so. There are some incredible communities in the Vegas area and they are price reduced. I want to get out there and figure out where I want to be before I dive into a house...but there are some nice condo's for lease out there too.

I used to live in San Diego...so everything looks better than real estate out there...

Mortgage/rent vs. income is actually pretty good in Vegas right now.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wait, I know about Texas...but I don't think I knew about San Diego. I lived there ~1975-1989. I used to call it "a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there."

After dealing with midwest humidity and snow for a decade, I'm not sure I feel the same way... ;)

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Haha, yeah, born and raised in San Diego, left in 2007. Was barely making ends meet with a $22/hr job, but man did I love the laid back atmosphere, the awesome weather...and of course the ladies!

But I saw the writing on the wall, and got out before everything really went out the window. I have come to realize that I need a place that is technologically in the 21 century though.

So, a little more on topic now:

Was watching CNET's Top 5 "Tablets that aren't an I-Pad" and first mention, #5 on the list: B&N NookColor! Brian even talked about the better screen quality than most 'true' tablets on the market, and how functional it becomes when rooted! He also mentioned that at its price, its still cheaper to buy two and void the warranty on one than to buy most any other single tablet on the market.

The tech community is taking notice. Cnet also had an article about the NC and how B&N (with the NC) holds about 50% of the non-apple tablet market! Its no wonder this forum is outperforming all the other segments.