WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Awesome. I love this thread! Btw I wonder where had matt been lately.

Sent from my fascinate

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I see him around but not as much in this forum lately. Maybe we can get him to update his spreadsheet so we can see how our growth rate has changed. Calling gadgetrants, where are you?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
We are only 74 posts shy of having more posts than all other forums in our section...before this post, we are sitting at 10,813...and all the other forums in the Top Minor Android Tablet Brands have 10,887.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
We are only 74 posts shy of having more posts than all other forums in our section...before this post, we are sitting at 10,813...and all the other forums in the Top Minor Android Tablet Brands have 10,887.
Vic, you're hilarious!

Oh hey Steve and JP! Yeah I feel like a tremendous a**h*l* for not spending more time in the forum that I love. The truth is I think I need therapy...my wife has all but locked up and hidden her Nook (admittedly the one I BOUGHT her for Xmas) and not having my precious to play with and tweak has taken some fun out of the game. If I get a chance to update the chart tomorrow I will, but I sensed after we passed Huawei that it was turning into a victory dance. I didn't want to piss off any of our friends. But like Vic noticed, the continued growth is pretty amazing.

Now...on to the more...difficult--actually MUCH more difficult part of my message. I wonder if I should even mention this...but confession is good for the soul. OK, here it is: on impulse yesterday I bought the Viewsonic 10" gTablet while it was at Woot. I feel like a piece of sh*t for doing it, but without an Android tablet to have and to hold in the last few months, I started getting pretty depressed. Why not buy another Nook Color, you ask? Well, that's the stupid part: I only bought the Viewsonic because IT WAS ON SALE. If the price I paid yesterday were the regular price, I obviously wouldn't have done it! Crazy...go figure.

If there's a bright side, the guys on the gTab forum are almost as cool as you guys (hey, it isn't an iPad forum for goodness sake!!!...that's what I call the DARK SIDE). I guess it just means my family is growing. :)

Peace and love!

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Matt, congrats on your new toy. I was tempted myself but being able to play with my nook at anytime takes the edge off that sort of thing. You'll have to let us know what you think after you have had a little time for comparison.

-JP

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Hey whats up! I saw that special on woot yesterday. That was a temping price. The Gtab can be nice once rooted. It has a way better processor than the nook. I was looking at it when I was in the market for tabs, but the price was to high...but not yesterday. Good luck with it!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassuring comments. I finally got the courage to tell my wife--she's expecting me to take on a second job so I can justify the purchase!

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Here is the reason why the Nook forum is killing it:

People viewing the Nook Forum: 550
People viewing all other forums in our sub-group: 557

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I noticed that too but there are usually only like 40-50 members viewing at a time and the rest are guests. It definitley comes down to enthusiastic members making all the posts. Just as we were passing Huawei it looked like the pace was slowing down and then all of a sudden it took off again.

It should really go nuts when we get the 2.2 "update". Come on guests sign on up :)

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I noticed that too but there are usually only like 40-50 members viewing at a time and the rest are guests. It definitley comes down to enthusiastic members making all the posts. Just as we were passing Huawei it looked like the pace was slowing down and then all of a sudden it took off again.

It should really go nuts when we get the 2.2 "update". Come on guests sign on up :)

That's how it starts. I was a long time lurker before I signed up here. I just decided one day to get in on the fun and be part of this community.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I see him around but not as much in this forum lately. Maybe we can get him to update his spreadsheet so we can see how our growth rate has changed. Calling gadgetrants, where are you?
JP, go check out the updated chart in the OP...it's pretty cool. :)

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
JP, go check out the updated chart in the OP...it's pretty cool. :)

-Matt

Darn right it is! That is steady growth all the way back to the end of January. You wonder when this thing is going to start getting more attention main stream. Every now and then you hear a peep but it is hardly mentioned with the likes of iPads or upcoming android tablets or even the kindle. They all have had their hey day in the news but the Nook is quitely selling thousands and thousands. :D

-JP