To Root or Not to Root?

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Yeah Iowa is way too far away from that one...but...it was actually really really simple to do!!!!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Simple to me is if you don't talk about cookies or things like that but you just tell me in details how to do it. So far I have mot found instructions simple enough for me.......it took 1/2 an hour just to navigate this forum and get here to see if anybody answer my question

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are funny but I'm really serious about rooting and serious as well about finding somebody to do it for me. But I would like to do it on my own as well. First thing I need to know before I attempt it is if in can use my asus notebook that does't have linux installed anymore but ubuntu. If not I would find a friend with the right computer I guess unless somebody need a vacation in miami with free lodging!
Gloria

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
First thing I need to know before I attempt it is if in can use my asus notebook that does't have linux installed anymore but ubuntu.
Gloria

I hate to break this to you ... but Ubuntu is (for all intents and purposes in this discussion) linux. Perhaps you should have someone there to help you :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
P
I hate to break this to you ... but Ubuntu is (for all intents and purposes in this discussion) linux. Perhaps you should have someone there to help you :)

Don't really know anybody in the area who could do it,but I'm lookimg here and through the forum and I'll find the way to root my nook.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
P

Don't really know anybody in the area who could do it,but I'm lookimg here and through the forum and I'll find the way to root my nook.
Well, I've joked before...but there IS a guy in NJ who'll do it. For a fee...

-Matt

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Matt,give me the phone of the nook-root-man if it's ok with him and thank you.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Matt,give me the phone of the nook-root-man if it's ok with him and thank you.
Gloria--as soon as I can get to my computer I'll look him up (don't know him personally). He's on the xda forum and youtube.

I think he's asking $50 or $60. If rico2001 sees this he can also point you in the right direction.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, NJ boy is xboxexpert. He's not on this forum, but he is a member at xda-developers: xda-developers. His web page is Home.

Does look like he wants $60. Gloria, not sure if you're serious about it, but please don't take this as a recommendation. Just passing the information along!

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Gloria--as soon as I can get to my computer I'll look him up (don't know him personally). He's on the xda forum and youtube.

I think he's asking $50 or $60. If rico2001 sees this he can also point you in the right direction.

-Matt

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in jersey with a Nookcolor and the one pc technical person I know, in Toms River, doesn't know android.

Besides rooting a NC is easy. There are many much harder roots. If you are smart enough to operate a Nookcolor and know what a micro SD card is, you can root a Nookcolor. So easy, a caveman can do it.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in jersey with a Nookcolor and the one pc technical person I know, in Toms River, doesn't know android.

Besides rooting a NC is easy. There are many much harder roots. If you are smart enough to operate a Nookcolor and know what a micro SD card is, you can root a Nookcolor. So easy, a caveman can do it.

Ooops, sorry for the misunderstanding! I didn't mean you had a NJ connection (I'd like to keep my foot out of my mouth this time! :eek: ). What I meant was we've both seen xboxexpert's videos...I thought if you saw the thread, you might have the link handy.

Plus Gloria is in Florida. Hey, maybe you can drive down and give her a hand? :rolleyes:

-Matt

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Rico,mi hai colpito nell'orgoglio! I don't know if it translate well but it is an Italian way to say that you hit me in my pride. I am at least as smart as a caveman and I know what an sd card is and I know I can ask questions to u or Matt or others,so I'm going to go through the instructions one more time beecause now I definately want to root on my own. Thank u for the push.....u created a monster!
Gloria