Total noob question

SiriusWolf

Jan 14, 2011
Hello everyone and thanks for paying me some attention on this matter.

I installed the app mVideoPlayer, and am trying to figure out how to set it as the default video player. I also downloaded AndroXploer to navigate better but have no idea how i can actually play my movies from my external harddrive to the mVideoPlayer.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

qpr1991

Jan 23, 2011
You will need to root your device first then use root exsplorer, navigate to system/aps and locate ccplayer.apk to ccplayer.apkz and next time you play a video you will be promoted on what app to use.

elister

Jan 1, 2011
Hi i have LauncherPro as my default home and the pad really fly's
Not had any problems with crashes and lockups its made the pad a real pleasure to use ;)

To remove the crapy wowhome you will need to download from the market.
z4root
root explorer
also download the home launcher of your choice i.e. Launcher Pro

First run z4root and do a (Temporary Root) then run Root Explorer open /system/app and find wowHome.apk then you need to press the Mount R/W button at the top change it to Mount R/O
Then Click and hold on wowHome.apk and rename it to wowHome.apkz and save.

Thats it now press the Home button in the top left of the screen a screen might open asking you how to compleat the operation tick (use as default) and select your Launcher i.e. Launcher Pro :)

Also make sure you have the latest firmware installed as older firmwares are a lot slower.

You should have
Firmware 2.1-update 1
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Build number deb-r2.1.1170

This method is used to replace the default interface/launcher for this tablet. It will probably work to change the default media player to the one you have installed. The minor change should be that you need to re-name the file for the default video player (Im not sure what that is) and instead of taping the Home button to trigger the File Association window, you simply load up the video player you recently installed.

I have the same problem, no matter what I do, this odd version of Android 2.1 simply doesnt allow you to change the file association without rooting the device.

SiriusWolf

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks qpr1991 and elister. I'll work with that and post again if it was a success for me. Thanks again!

SiriusWolf

Jan 14, 2011
okie dokie, how do i root the device exactly? z4root doesn't pull up on a market search and it looks like most apps found under the search root require that the device already be rooted. Thank you!

elister

Jan 1, 2011
okie dokie, how do i root the device exactly? z4root doesn't pull up on a market search and it looks like most apps found under the search root require that the device already be rooted. Thank you!

You can find it off any torrent site, theres also marketplace web sites that offer apps that clearly are not available on the normal marketplace. Can also search for Universal Androot.