Trouble Downloading Apps to Nextbook Premium 8

debrad

Dec 30, 2011
Hi everyone,

My daughter received a Nextbook Premium 8 for Christmas and has been having trouble loading apps. I have enabled the tablet to install 3rd party apps in the device settings and also followed the instructions at Gunner's Barn for installing the Android Market (How to install Android Market to Nextbook Premium 7 | Gunners's Barn) but she still gets an error when downloading from SlideMe and the Android Market.

Oddly enough, she can visit the Android Market on our PC, choose an app, and download directly to her tablet that way but any time she tries via the tablet directly she gets an error message.

Now, I notice that the device settings screen does NOT have the same "Sync and Accounts" entry that my Android phone has...could it be that the Nextbook simply isn't storing her Android Market account information and; therefore, can't pass it along to complete the transaction?

Any help would be much appreciated!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sounds like that is the problem. The credentials have to be the right ones, the same ones that work on the pc.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

debrad

Dec 30, 2011
Sounds like that is the problem. The credentials have to be the right ones, the same ones that work on the pc.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Credentials are definitely the same...but I don't know if, how, or where the Nextbook stores any such account info. Good to know I can get the apps from the web site and I suppose I can always just use the tablet's browser to access the web sites but it would be nice to just use the apps to connect and download directly.

setanta

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

My daughter received a Nextbook Premium 8 for Christmas and has been having trouble loading apps. I have enabled the tablet to install 3rd party apps in the device settings and also followed the instructions at Gunner's Barn for installing the Android Market (How to install Android Market to Nextbook Premium 7 | Gunners's Barn) but she still gets an error when downloading from SlideMe and the Android Market.

Oddly enough, she can visit the Android Market on our PC, choose an app, and download directly to her tablet that way but any time she tries via the tablet directly she gets an error message.

Now, I notice that the device settings screen does NOT have the same "Sync and Accounts" entry that my Android phone has...could it be that the Nextbook simply isn't storing her Android Market account information and; therefore, can't pass it along to complete the transaction?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi.Can you tell me how you downloaded android market from your pc to your nextbook p8. My son is looking for an app on android market and i cant figure it out.your help would be grate.Thanks inadvance

debrad

Dec 30, 2011