Truly need help here thank you gents and ladies.

Chivalry

Nov 29, 2010
Hello, my apad irobot looks like this:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rk2808a-7-tablet-specifications-pictures.html

with specs like this and a red led with a aluminum under belly with a android sticker in the center:
Rockchip RK2808a is an {ARM9?)CPU at 600 MHz with a DSP supporting up to 720p.

The 7" Apad iRobot

here is specs for my apad:

model sdkdemo

Frim: 1.5

kernal 2.6.25 rockchip versian 1.2.7 (ruiguan)

build number RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751

IT also has problems. Often it turns white on screen even at start up. This is the 2nd exchange. First one would not let me touch the screen. :/

Seller said it was a Rockchip 2008a or something, and that the software was dependent on the chip and that it could not work out right. But the way things are going, what is the point anyways? Its doing the white screen more and more.

anyways, what I would like is to get it to 2.2. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

sincerely,

-Chivalry:cool:

oh, and it has a camra

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I do not like being the bearer of badnews. But here goes.
You have one of the first generation Rockchip 2808 Tablets with 128Mb. It is using the first version of Android 1.5-Cupcake. The firmware build is very early. This is one of the many low power and generally low cost tablets. This tablet was and is considered a disposable. There may be Firmware available to upgrade the unit. This may make it more stable. But there is no way for the Chip 2808 and Memory to be able to run Android 2.2-Froyo. You need to compare this to a Vespa scooter. The processor and configuration to run 2.2 needs to be more like a full size car.

Sorry

Chivalry

Nov 29, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dang it. I spent 159.99 because of the specks. I am gonna ask for a refund. Thank you for the stinging wip of truth.

Sincerely,

-Chivalry

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are many units from various vendors such as Euogo, Merimobiles, MP4Nation, Pandawill, Nowsupplier and others. (IMPORTANT NOTE: I AM NOT recommending any of these, I am merely listing Choices. But you can pick up a 2.1 or a 2.2 unit right now for about $160.
Two examples are the X5A/G10 or the A81-E/G, If you look at these sites, you will find 2.1 or 2.2 already installed and more powerful chips such as the Cortex A8 or the lesser but capable TCC8902

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The specs would have been okay couple of months ago. Whitescreening was usually because of a bad firmware flash or bad firmware, if I recall correctly. These ones are a bit finicky. If you can get a refund, I would recommend that route. There's much better tablets at this price range.

Chivalry

Nov 29, 2010
Thank you for the response to both of you! I have one question: Where could I get something like this:

1+ gig processor

256-512meg ram

descent camera/video

2-16gig rom

7"-11" TFT

long battery hours

usbs

g sensor

mic

wifi

Word, exel, powerpoint, (Word being really the only thing I want)

Video : mkv(h.264) avi/rm/rmvb,flv,mpeg01, mpeg-2

photo jepeg, bmp, gif, tiff

optional Hidef

Price: within 200>

or, am I better off going with a laptop?

I wanted to go into android cause I am addicted to apps. The next best thing I wanted to do with them (tablets) was to write on a portable mini keyboard I bought, play movies and read books. So basically I want a app filled laptop. Any help with anything including intentions would be great, thank you!

-Chivalry

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
Got the same pad on Euogo and they just ignore my pleas to let me return it. It does work but have had to do a lot to just get it to sign on to Google gmail. So I have got a inferior tablet compared certainly to my Moonse 7002. Which is a much better tablet. I am thinking Wits A81E for my next tablet. That would have to hold me for awhile. I can not afford the exspensive tablets.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have the A81 and while I like it, it is a work in motion. Each Company and community Firmwares improve it. The price (depending on source is right).But, it is not fully baked. But I think that is why I like it. Each FW is like a new version or Tablet. But unless you have an archive of your apps, or use Titanium Backup, you are rebuilding/reflashing. There have been 5 different factory firmware improvements since August 2010. Its case is the weakest part. The screen is very precise.(Resistive)

But for the offset of the Glass screen I would choose the X5A,X6. They are rugged, but the glass makes the resistive screen offset and must push harder. The Android I have is still 2.1. I tried the community 2.2 and went back to factory build

But looking at your specs. This is closer to the next gen of tablets being released. The important thing to realize is the 512M RAM and the 8Gb of Storage are still a bit rare. They are out there, but you have to search.

Chivalry

Nov 29, 2010
I have the A81 and while I like it, it is a work in motion. Each Company and community Firmwares improve it. The price (depending on source is right).But, it is not fully baked. But I think that is why I like it. Each FW is like a new version or Tablet. But unless you have an archive of your apps, or use Titanium Backup, you are rebuilding/reflashing. There have been 5 different factory firmware improvements since August 2010. Its case is the weakest part. The screen is very precise.(Resistive)

But for the offset of the Glass screen I would choose the X5A,X6. They are rugged, but the glass makes the resistive screen offset and must push harder. The Android I have is still 2.1. I tried the community 2.2 and went back to factory build

But looking at your specs. This is closer to the next gen of tablets being released. The important thing to realize is the 512M RAM and the 8Gb of Storage are still a bit rare. They are out there, but you have to search.

I found these tablets, are they any good including the price?

:10.2" inch Notebook WiFI Android MID Tablet PC Apad ePad Tablet PC Zetronix

Velocity Micro, Inc. Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet 512MB RAM/1GB Internal Storage/802.11n/7" Touch WS/Android 2.1 T103

Wyse V90 Thin Client VIA C3, 1GHz, 512MB Flash/512MB RAM, with Integrated Smart Card, US, XPE 902094-80

8quot; Android 2.2 Tablet PC 1GHZ 512MB RAM 4GB Nand Flash F...USD 240.33/Piece Wholesale Price at **********

tablet pc 8 inch freescale A8 CPU,512 RAM,4GB HDD,1GHz fast speed products, buy tablet pc 8 inch freescale A8 CPU,512 RAM,4GB HDD,1GHz fast speed products from alibaba.com

Tablet PC android MID Android 2.1 with GPS TL-MID70D products, buy Tablet PC android MID Android 2.1 with GPS TL-MID70D products from alibaba.com

8quot; Android 2.2 Tablet PC 1GHZ 512MB RAM 4GB Nand Flash F...USD 240.33/Piece Wholesale Price at **********

http://www.androidtouchpc.com/andro...let/touch7-max-android-2-2-tablet-pc?vmcchk=1

http://www.androidtouchpc.com/andro...let/touch8-max-android-2-2-tablet-pc?vmcchk=1

http://www.ecrater.com/p/9849712/christmas-gift-8-android-22-freescale-imx515#

What should I go with? My heart says this one:

10.2" inch Notebook WiFI Android MID Tablet PC Apad ePad Tablet PC Zetronix

but i think there is no cam on it. :( I wanted descent cam and mic for scype or what ever. o well. Thank you so much for you help.

-Chivalry

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
My concern for the unit you chose is that for not that much more you could go for an Archos 70 or the 101 which has the cameras. Think with your mind on support, and if something does go wrong, China is a Loooong way for a return or service. all of the units you list are provided out of China and would be an added variable.

I would suggest you look closely at four things Processor, Storage, RAM and Screen type/size
Processor - Avoid any single processor unless it is a Cortex A8, oitherwise look at true multi-processor
Storage- Unless you plan to go app crazy, 4Gb is plenty right now. Long term, I would say otherwise. And any vids or music should be on the removable flash until there is the single chip SSD installed on a tablet.
RAM - 256 or 512 Mb either will be appropriate, Although, I bet the tablets will have 1Gb by this time next year
Screen- If you have small fingers capacitive is perfect. If you have sharp nails, resistive is perfect.
The rest of the options are important to pay attention. Avoid .3 webcams, BT is nice, but there seems to be a problem in adding the AD2P, HID, and other elements with some of the manufacturers Firmware. HDMI is useful only if you plan to use it. A full size SD is far more useful in my opinion. and on and on
But read everything. If the details are vague about an important element such as just saying ARM11, it can mean many different chips. And some are dogs
Finally, just because it has 2.1 does not mean 2.2 is going to be available.

But that is my opinion

mysalego

Sep 28, 2010
the android tablet don't upgrade to android 2.2, if you want , you must repace new version one

Chivalry

Nov 29, 2010
Ok, the view sonic gt is at sears and it has a dual core pross.

I am strongly thinking about getting it but I know that more like the acer will come with other options and sim. specs.

So the question I should as is, where do I turn to? Should I wait, Its nicer to buy from the store. (MUCH BETTER) but hey, whats the best option?

Thank you so much for your time,

Also, the white screen showing up is very annoying, is there anything I can do with it? Thx!!!

-Chivalry

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Try a firmware reflash. If all else fails, you may have to reseat the ribbon cable of the LCD