[Tutorial] CMP741D Jellybean Install

velzz

Aug 15, 2013
TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT WORKING!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Hello I follow the tutorial (the video tutorial) I did every thing as how the tutorial explained us to do, but when The tablet launch into the CMW, in that part my touch screen do not work... I really don't know what to do, and i've been doing the whole process again and again... Can you please help me????

[QUOTE/]
**The written instructions are in a more consider order and easier to follow, I will be adding
annotations on video in the things I changed.**

What you need:
1. Craig CMP741D
2. Windows Computer
2. USB Cable
3. MicroSD Card

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK / RUIN YOUR TABLET IN ANY WAY.
Before I get started I recommend you make a NANDROID of your CMP741D (with the Original firmware).
To do this you can follow my CWM install -
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/53785-tutorial-craig-cmp741d-cwm-install-instructions.html
Once your in CWM you can do a Nandroid Backup---------------------------------->I didn't follow this part because i follow the video tutorial first!!

This would not be possible without Oma7144 and his JB! Thank you!

Let's get started.

First lets get started by downloading a bunch of files:
1. You need to download OMA7144's RK2918 Jellybean, it can be found on his thread on XDA: RK2918 Tab Odys-Loox rocks with Jelly Bean ! - xda-developers
At the time of this tutorial, you need to download download v1.2.2a.
2. Download Oma JB v1.1 Format NAND.zip which can also be found on the above thread on XDA.
3. Download CWM-TOUCH from OMA7144 (As the cmp741D does not have Volume buttons) - xda-developers - View Single Post - RK2918 Tab Odys-Loox rocks with Jelly Bean !
3. Download the CMP741D Kernel which I dumped from my 741D - Dev-Host - kernel.img - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
4. Download Mastermind278's CMP741D Model Fix - Dev-Host - ModelFix-CMP741Dv120.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (This one is at 120 dpi) OR Dev-Host - ModelFix-CMP741D_signed.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (At 160 dpi) **Pick which one you want to use**
5. OPTIONAL - Normal Mount ZIP - It mounds the intSD and NAND. http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=327
I did not install this on the Video but I prefer it installed so I installed after.

Now that we have all these files we need to do some moving around:
1. Extract the OMA7144's RK2918 Jellybean (Oma_Odys_Loox_JB_4.1.1_v1.2.2a.7z) onto your DESKTOP.
2. Navigate to the rockdev folder, then click on Image folder and you should see all the image files. At this point rename Kernel.img to Kernel_ORIG.img and Recovery.img to Recovery_Orig.img.
3. Open CWM-TOUCH (Oma_RK29_CWM_touch.7z) and extract the recovery.img in the archive to the Rockdev/image folder (where you just renamed the other files).
4. Copy Mastermind278's Kernel.img also into this folder.
5. Plugin the microSD to the computer.
6. Copy - Oma_JB_v1.1_Format_NAND.zip, ModelFix-CMP741Dv120.zip or ModelFix-CMP741D_signed.zip (PICK ONE), and Oma_intSD_to_NAND_OTG_fix.zip (Optional).
7. Eject microSD, plugin into CMP741D.

At this point you need to turn OFF your TABLET.
1. Navigate to RKAndroid_v1.29 folder and right click RKAndroidTool.exe choose Run as Administrator.
2. Now Press the ESC button (right most button) on the tablet (while it's turned off) and plugin the USB cable. The screen will remain black on the tablet. Let go of the button when RKAndroidTool says found RKAndroid Loader **You might have to install the drivers for your tablet at this point. Open device manager and under other devices you will see Unknown Device, point to the USB Driver folder on the OMA7144 Extracted folder.
3. Put a check mark on LOADER and press EraseIDB. Wait for the prompt and press OK.
4. Uncheck Loader and press RUN. This will take a while so be prepared to wait.
5. Once done, the tablet should boot to CWM.--------------------------------------------> From her i found my self in struggle, The touch screen do not work when the tablet boot me to CWM
[/QUOTE]

i apollogies for my english, i know it sucks, sorry...

thnx for the help, kind regards!!

Nov 3, 2013
Hello to all. First time I have ever posted anywhere. So first off if I'm in the wrong place please tell me where to post this. I have a craig cmp741d and I did the jellybean install listed above. Works great except when using hdmi to tv the screen on tablet goes black (capacitive still works though). I would like screen to stay on. Also hdmi does not work if charger is plugged into tablet. any fixes or work around for these issues. Thanks for any help.

Hang123abc

Nov 7, 2013
Mastermind.
Would you post how to update from Oma's 4.1.1 ver.1.2.2a to Oma's final version 4.1.1 ver. 1.3a . And a seperate post how to upgrade to Oma's 4.2.2 .
I used RKAndroidTool trying to upgrade to 4.1.1 version 1.3 and partially bricked my tablet!
I was able to reload 4.1.1 ver. 1.2.2a . I obviously did something wrong, I would still like to upgrade to ver. 1.3a .

Last edited:

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
Where did you go OP? great guide you left us here! now my CMP741D has JB but more importantly to me a fully functional CWM! my only question is about "optional" Oma_intSD_to_NAND_OTG_fix.zip on first post. there is no explanation for it! what is it for? anyway, Thanks Mastermind278!

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
to answer my own question (for others who may end up here in the future) when you follow this tutorial without installing the "optional" Oma_intSD_to_NAND_OTG_fix.zip, you device saves everything on the external SDcard by default and it also confuses many apps so this file is highly recommended!

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
Mastermind.Would you post how to update from Oma's 4.1.1 ver.1.2.2a to Oma's final version 4.1.1 ver. 1.3a . And a seperate post how to upgrade to Oma's 4.2.2 .I used RKAndroidTool trying to upgrade to 4.1.1 version 1.3 and partially bricked my tablet!I was able to reload 4.1.1 ver. 1.2.2a . I obviously did something wrong, I would still like to upgrade to ver. 1.3a .
I tried this too just to experiment and learn more about the tool but I can confirm that v1.3a soft bricked it.

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks for letting folks know about this.
I should have also stated that I am a novice and so I may have made a mistake too. right now I am making a couple of different backups (separate set-ups) of 4.1.1 ver.1.2.2a and still getting the hang of it but I plan to try the other versions including 4.1.1 v1.3a so I will report back again when/if I am certain no mistake was made on my end.edit: Ive now been able to successfully flash all the other versions except 1.3a I think it is too big.
1zLO4s8ADeQO6JBKwCMt3GK4OSGx2w.jpg
when I use the exact same procedure for 1.3a as all the others the tool stops writting at 621532 (third line from bottom in right paine) so all 622332 of the image do not get loaded. I will try to learn how to modify this image so that I can make it smaller and see if I can make it work.

Last edited:

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
Ive now been able to successfully flash all the other versions except 1.3a I think it is too big.
I've discovered why 1.3a was not working. it has the wrong loader for our device. I replaced v2.30 loader with the v2.28 loader found in the other versions and now it works and has a full screen and screen calibration feature included but when calibration the screen it says it failed calibration and it also seems auto-rotate is not working correctly and it gets stuck in portrait mode. I will see if I can find a solution to these issues.it takes alot longer to get to the first screen than the others on first boot so give it 10 minutes before you think it is froze on black screen. if you have a usb mouse you can plug it in and you should eventually see a cursor on the black screen then a few minutes later the OS starts.

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
hopefully this post will be legiable, my browser and this forum havnt been cooperating but I will try anyway.Ive been experimenting with other versions by Crew RKTablets and Oma from here: Downloads | Crew RKTablets far, Ive found this combination most upto date and useful Cyanogenmod 10.1:CrewRKTablets RK29 Loox CM10.1 4.2.2_v1.2.4 http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1300CrewRKTablets CM10.1 Format NAND Fix http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=635CrewRKTablets CM10.1 120 DPI Fix http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=636CrewRKTablets CM10.1 Sensor X=Y Y=-X Z=Z Sensitivity 250 http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1233 after you have followed the JB tutorial it will be easy to upgrade to this Cyanogenmod 10.1 from there.extract the first file in my list here, replace the kernel same as in OP the next three files are for your SDCard and you can include http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=327 if you want NAND on internal SDif auto-rotate isnt working correctly you can try each of the CM10.1 sensor fixes listed on that first link just reboot recovery and install .zip from SDCard.

Last edited:

aretoo

Dec 9, 2013
crap.. my paragraph breaks dont work here no matter what I try. if a mod can edit my previous post to be more coherent that would be great or if anyone has questions I will check back from time to time and try to answer them.

Last edited: