Two Newbie Galaxy Tab Questions

Sep 18, 2010
Hi All-

I have the verizon tab-

1- How do i prevent battery drain when the unit is off at night but not on a charger it seems i lost battery life :(

2- How do i know what data source is being used when 3g or wifi both icons are showing on at the same time. if i just want use wifi how do i turn off the 3g radio?

3- anyone get allshare to work? whats the best way to stream stuff from the pc to the gtab?

4- when the battery was at 10% i couldnt adjust the screen brightness anymore it was dark. is that normal?

thanks!

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
One turn off syncing. . I have it off since that uses data and battery when Ur not using Ur device. Two hold the power button and turn off the data network setting. Three all share is kinda like DLNA and I haven't tried with a pc but it should work through windows media player. Open media player go into settings, privacy or network and turn on sharing. . .you'll have to play around with it until I have a peter answer. And four your tab goes into a battery saving mode after 10% and u can't turn the screen brightness up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2010
One turn off syncing. . I have it off since that uses data and battery when Ur not using Ur device. Two hold the power button and turn off the data network setting. Three all share is kinda like DLNA and I haven't tried with a pc but it should work through windows media player. Open media player go into settings, privacy or network and turn on sharing. . .you'll have to play around with it until I have a peter answer. And four your tab goes into a battery saving mode after 10% and u can't turn the screen brightness up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays all!

THANKS for the answers much appreciated!

-When you say turn off syncing are you saying just do it manually instead?
-With DNLA I will try it with windows media player but i do have nero and it does have settings and does communicate with SGT but it will not play any files at all :(

EDIT
I went to media player but have no idea really how to configure. again i can get allshare to see the content i want but it will not play it :(

I get error messages about not being connected and sorry this video cannot be played. stuff to that effect.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
i went to that MS link and followed it but i still cannot get my content to stream. it has something to do with allshare i suspect (and me) but it works for other devices so bot sure.