Using the S7 as a Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am looking for info for the Huawei S7 as a full time phone with data. What is more important in this case is standby time in 3G.

Can someone give me an idea? How many hours does it last for you?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Over Thanksgiving holiday here in US I used mine as a phone, charged overnight, took it off the charger in the morning. I then made maybe 2-3 calls during the day, by 6 pm it still had about 20% charge left being in standby 3g.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Did you use a bluetooth headset with that?

Should have included it in OP

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i use a Motorola HT-720 BT earpiece, BT on the device, and only open the BT after I have initiated or received the call.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Typically on Snapdragon phones it does not make a huge difference. Not sure about tablets.

Using JuiceDefender however (shutting off data completely when not in use) does

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Typically on Snapdragon phones it does not make a huge difference. Not sure about tablets.

Using JuiceDefender however (shutting off data completely when not in use) does

Heres my observations:

I leave a T-Mobile simcard (2G only) in my device. I use it to surf the web or play games about 45 minutes to a Hour per day, and make a few calls over bluetooth and send and receive several text per day and have to charge it every other day. I find it has better battery life than my Galaxy S phone when used as my phone.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
So I have a question will any SIM card work in these? I have a Verizon SIM card from my old Touch Pro 2, could I take this out and use it?

I would try, but my wife and I got our S7 last Friday as Christmas presents for each other so they are still in the boxes waiting to be wrapped and put under the tree for Christmas, it is killing me!!!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
SI would try, but my wife and I got our S7 last Friday as Christmas presents for each other so they are still in the boxes waiting to be wrapped and put under the tree for Christmas, it is killing me!!!

hahaha, that is funny. I told my wife to get me a tablet for Christmas, but I later said I would do it so it would get here before my vacation.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
that's too bad for you guys....Hannukah First Night was December 3rd....

Status
Not open for further replies.