Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

gravimetric

Jun 9, 2011
Just got the G Tablet from the June Soot sale delivered To Baton Rouge. Hopefully, the iWife doesn't use this to justify an iPad now. ...or worse.It was shipped with the TapUI 1.2-4349 already installed.

Chiisai

Apr 6, 2011
Hello, my name is Chiisai and I am a gtab addict!

I bought mine from an April Woot; it stayed in it's box for about 3 weeks because I was so busy at work. Retired the 1st of May, then started reading everything I could about rooting and roming my gtab. I rooted with CWM and then Vegan 5.1 a week ago but then my daughter said, "Mom, there is an update", so now I have Vegan-Tab Ginger Edition 7.0.0.

LOVE IT! sooo much that the very next day Woot had the gtab up for sale again, I just had to get it for my daughter (we both have a Droid X); I am sure she will root hers this coming week and put Vegan-Tab Ginger on hers as well.

Please add me to the owners list: Chiisai from Oklahoma/USA

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome, and we will get u added

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Xiofett

Jun 11, 2011
Howdy all.

I bought my gtab from Tiger Direct's ebay store, was originally going to get a Nook Color until I saw the gtab for the same price. Had it a week, have already gone from stock to Vegan-Ginger to Bottle of Smoke 5.2. What can I say, I tinker. :)

So you can add a new user from the Kansas City area. (OP, KS if you want to get technical. ;) )

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Howdy all.

I bought my gtab from Tiger Direct's ebay store, was originally going to get a Nook Color until I saw the gtab for the same price. Had it a week, have already gone from stock to Vegan-Ginger to Bottle of Smoke 5.2. What can I say, I tinker. :)

So you can add a new user from the Kansas City area. (OP, KS if you want to get technical. ;) )

Welcome and congrats! Remember to join the g-Tab user group too!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
ok...so it was a long time...i THINK i have added all the people that have asked. As always, please PM if I missed you and you want to be on the list.

Frank.Aviator

Jun 25, 2011
Got my G Tab 'bout a month ago, still "stock", but will upgrade soon.

Use it for flight planning and as an "Electronic Flight Bag :cool:, some others use iPad others are still using paper :p, but I prefer my G Tab.

Guatemala City, Guatemala, "Land Of Eternal Spring"

lbgoetz1

Jul 1, 2011
[h=2]viewsonic root trouble!!! NEED HELP PLEASE! !!![/h] I have tried rooting and installing a rom, but something is wrong.

I followed a guide online through an xda junky, who failed to mention checking my Stock Tap-n-Tap UI . now my stock tapntap version is "unknown".

any help getting the most out of vtab would be awesome!

i cant even load the root by holding in the volume and power button

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
After a poor experience with a Maylog! I have ordered the G-Tab.... should be here on Tuesday, July 5th. I am preparing my self for a new ROM install, just have to figure out what way to go.... Any suggestions? Add me to the list!

poikaa.... in Da U.P. of Michigan