Vizio 8" Tablet Flashing V logo after Honeycomb update...

Mar 12, 2012
Today my Vizio 8" tablet updated to honeycomb. After a few hours of use the screen froze. I had to hold in the power button to turn it off. When I turned it on after a couple minutes, all I get is the flashing V logo. I removed the sd card and restarted it with the same results.

I'm new to this tablet but not to working with computers. I'm assuming the os is hosed. How to I restore the tablet? I've read through some forum posts and am not sure of some terminology like the term "root." This device is new - a couple weeks old - so I've not done anything to it except for the update today - which was automatic, not induced by me.

Thanks in advance!

Diana

n3vik

Mar 17, 2012
Did the factory reset fix it for you? The update bricked my Vizio tabet as well :(

I had this problem but managed to fix it without a factory reset! I booted into safe mode (turn off, hold down down volume button, turn on, keep holding down down volume button while booting) then in settings I uninstalled the ADW.Launcher. It is working fine now.

kapsikum

May 6, 2012
My VTAB1008 was doing as described (flashing V logo at startup) and Safe Mode did not work for me, so I booted in Recovery Mode, getting the following:

reboot system now
apply update from /sdcard
apply update from /cache
wipe data/factory reset << THIS!!!
wipe cache partition

I did the factory reset which fixed the problem. Of course, all my data was lost in the process...

:eek: Good luck!!!

Last edited: