VoIP on Android tablets?

ZXT

Dec 7, 2010
Guys I'm very much sold in getting an Android tablet (prolly the G10) I just want to know how is the performance for making VoIP calls. Is the wifi connection reliable enough for carrying a VoIP conversation? This is a make or break deal for me as I do calls with my Onesuite VoIP service everyday.

Thinking of getting an Android phone but I a tablet is more economical thing to do. Plus these tablets are like 1/3rd the price of HTC Evo (the one I was supposed to get) so I can buy more things for Xmas.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Voip is pretty good on these tablets. If you can take time to tweak things it is almost perfect

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

ZXT

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks. Any suggestion on what SIP app to use? BTW, I saw in ebay a tablet with a small device attached to it so you can connect a lan cable instead of wifi as I think wired connection is better for VoIP than wifi. How reliable are the small devices?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I like cipsimple

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

ZXT

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks I will check on that. I just bought an iPad clone from eBay today. I will probably receive it next week.

BTW, I saw one aPad from ebay with a small device (lan card) attached to its USB port. Anyone used this thing? Does it work? Hows the reliability?

ZXT

Dec 7, 2010
I like cipsimple

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Thanks. My aPad is still in customs via DHL...been there for 4 days now as I see it online. I got another Android though, its a phone with 2.1 version and downloaded, installed CSipSimple (was searching for Cipsimple and I can not find it) and it works! I set up my Onesuite VoIP service and made my first call in 2 minutes. Android phones are the best...I thought I'm going to have problems looking for SIP applications. Glad I didn't go with Windows Phone 7.