Vote Nook Color for Gadget of the Year: 2010 Engadget Awards

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
The nominations are in, the picks have been sorted, and now it's time for you, the reader, to help us judge the best in tech from 2010! We've put together a long, long list of the top selections below -- all we ask is that you cast your vote for the gadgets nearest and dearest to your hearts.

Votes will be tallied until Monday February 20th, 11:59PM EDT. You can vote in this post -- the nominees are after the break. After we've checked for abuse (please don't make us ban you) we'll publish the results alongside our own Editors' Choice picks the following week. May the best gadgets win!
Vote for the 2010 Engadget Awards! -- Engadget

Nook Color owners please vote and post confirming so. Show your love and lets see if our NC family can help make the it "Gadget of the Year". :)

I VOTED! :)

AT.net members who voted:
rico2001
idontknow
jonesygirl
avi
K Spud
adnilasor
Marek
Stelv
caulktel
crenita
pbrauer
hochiminh
josue9
Fuganater
darmeen
J515OP
faceman
chris30673
Abb0nz
torres546
revenge8
x3baddad
kimdvm
arjunas
mightytalldude

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I voted. Didn't see no huawei on the lists...wonder what pbrauer is going to do
gloria
PS: you don’t have to be a nook colors owner to vote for this tablet

Last edited:

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I voted for it. Even though it's technically my "2011" gadget of the year, since I just got it last week ;)

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I voted. Didn't see no huawei on the lists...wonder what pbrauer is going to do
gloria
PS: you don’t have to be a nook colors owner to vote for this tablet

Voted for it is what I did,I guess I have to point out yet again that I own TWO nooks....

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Voted...

NC has a better shot at winning e-reader of the year than gadget of the year...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Voted...

NC has a better shot at winning e-reader of the year than gadget of the year...

While I agree that winning eReader is an easier target than gadget of the year, I think it actually deserves the gadget award rather than the eReader category. There are lots of eReaders that have hit the market, and purely as one of these devices the Nook is certainly good, but so are many of the others. It is only when one uses the Nook beyond initial intended use that its versatility and value come out. Side by side, I actually give the Kindle higher marks for the actual eReader app over the Nook eReader. But side by side there is simply no comparison between the Kindle device and the Nook device. The Nook provides so much more potential that I see it as a tablet that runs eReader software, not as an eReader that also runs Android.