What now!!!!!

Jan 10, 2011
Well, my Flytouch 2 found an upate (deb - r2.1.1561) and asked to install it. A couple of hours later it had downloaded the file, then it went to reboot. It then sat there on the infotmic screen doing nothing, twenty minutes later it was still on the infotmic screen, so I guessed it had hung.

I have tried updating a couple of times since and it still hangs at the infotic screen. Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alasdair

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks Johnfrankiej.

I have downloaded the 1568 update and copied it on to a freshly formatted (Fat 32) SDHC card.

When I run Update the pad finds the previous 1561 update that I downloaded using Update, and locks on the Infotmic screen. Where is this earlier update (1561) stored? I cannot find it on the pad as I don't know how to access the inbuilt memory, and it is certainly not on the SDHC card.

How do I get the pad to look at the update file on the SDHC card?

BTW I have renamed the update file to Update.zip, is that correct?

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks Johnfrankiej.

I have downloaded the 1568 update and copied it on to a freshly formatted (Fat 32) SDHC card.

When I run Update the pad finds the previous 1561 update that I downloaded using Update, and locks on the Infotmic screen. Where is this earlier update (1561) stored? I cannot find it on the pad as I don't know how to access the inbuilt memory, and it is certainly not on the SDHC card.

How do I get the pad to look at the update file on the SDHC card?

BTW I have renamed the update file to Update.zip, is that correct?

You may need to root the file and locate the 1561 update. It's really easy to do, get the program here, [APP] z4root - xda-developers
I just do a temporary root, then use 'root explorer' to hunt around, I found the update in the /local folder.
There are other file explorers you can use, Super Manager is one. You just need to have option to R/O / R/W.
Don't delete the update, just rename the .zip to .zipz

These are also good instructions to follow, http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-version-deb-r2-1-1561-a-8.html#post34710