What to buy, what to buy?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
that tablet seemed really nice, almost too good to be true. Then I saw that it had a resistive touch screen and it all made sense haha

Resistive isn't all that bad. Capacitive would be nice, but resistive gets the job done.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

jimmyt

Jul 19, 2010
I think the biggest difference between this Huawei phone and my superpad II is that if something goes wrong with the phone I just take it back to the store I bought it from. If messing with the system is not something you are comfortable with, something mentioned earlier, then buy local no matter where the parts are from.

I agree just wanted to let Androo know that some really high quality stuff also comes from China, along with crap Just like every other country. Only they have the manufacturing edge.

I do think that anyone buying a tablet should use money they were going to party or drink, and not bill money. We are still in the beginning stages and anyone buying should be prepared to learn to root and mod to some extent to keep their unit relevant.

It is a hobby so far and that way someone won't be disappointed if they get something that bricks in a month or is obsolete. I have three tablets and if they brick I won't shed tears because it is part of the learning experience.

I may try the Nook Color myself now just for the heck of it.

Best!

jimmyt

Jul 19, 2010
Resistive isn't all that bad. Capacitive would be nice, but resistive gets the job done.

I love my Apad resistive screen and Resistive multitouch is out there now. While capacitive multitouch is nice, there is the extra cost.

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Well I have some good news. As an early birthday present my dad is willing to help me pay for a tablet, so that means my limit goes up to a little less than $350. He showed me the Viewsonic ViewPad 7 and then I remembered about the Archos 101. I was doing some looking around, trying to find a "vs" kind of think but can't find anything. And if I read one article correctly, it said that the Viewpad 7 doesn't support flash 10.1 (I believe it was 10.1). Which one is a better buy?

Viewpad:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834102006&Tpk=viewpad 7

Archos:

http://www.amazon.com/ARCHOS-101-In...W5QO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301974662&sr=8-1

Last edited:

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Thank you all very much for all your input. I've learned a lot of things from everyone here. Luckily my dad is willing to throw in extra money for me and I'll most likely be getting the Viewsonic G

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Oh yea, with the higher budget go g tablet, I actually ordered one from tiger direct today also. If its as great as everyone says, I'll be putting my nc up for sale haha

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, I'm really liking the Viewsonic G. Only thing that concerns me is the lack of the market place. But that can easily be rooted right? I was reading that I need to install Clockwork, flash the device (dunno what that means), enable the Marketplace (with TNT lite since lots of people like it) and enable flash. Is there a guide around here for all of that?