What's the best tablet for under $250??? Rank it ur self!

Fifteenmins

Oct 4, 2010
So I've spent about 40 hours researching this. (that's not an exaggeration)

I've looked at over 72 different "Android" tablets.
From 1.5-2.2
W/ Cams & W/out
Telechip, Rockchip, Suckchip... EVERY KIND.
Apads, Hipads, Gpads, Byepads....

So My question for all of you is....

WHAT IS THE BEST TABLET WITH ALL THE FEATURES, ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, EVERYTHING...
For under $250.

The top 3 i have found that seem to be getting positive Reviews are...:
Smartpad Android 2.1 w/Cam
New G10 HaiPad Android 2.1 w/Cam & Remote control
&
Some version of of the APAD with 2.1 on it.

This is just what i have found.

So tell me is the Miapad better than the Haipad?
is the Smartpad smart? or was it graded on a curve.

The forum is yours forum!
:confused:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
After owning a Pandigital Novel for a bit, I'm really down on the "me-too" imports. If BF weren't around the corner, and several mainstream tablets about to get released (I'm partial to Asus), I'd probably try and pick a favorite from the clones. No offense, but I kinda hope the $200-$250 niche quickly becomes yesterday as new options from names we know start to populate the scene!

I mean, I like the price-point and all, but given that netbooks settled in at $300, I think $300-$400 is where a full-featured tablet that can handle Froyo and Gingerbread will end up. And I'm talking WiFi-only, carrier-unsubsidized prices!

Thanks!

-Matt

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
Truthfully, the newer generation of the Wits A81E is a solid running device. The current one runs on CMO 0901 firmware and after reflashing from the stock merimobiles firmware, this device has became solid running. Since flashing 30 hrs ago, i have had 1 reboot that was software related, and not of me "tweaking" one setting or another.

Fifteenmins

Oct 4, 2010
Ok, so lets say someone like me (a major novice when it comes to Firmware and troubleshooting) how simple is it for me to do before i give it to my gf (WHO IS EVEN FURTHER DOWN ON THE TECHNOLOGY TOTUM POLE) she wont have to figure anything out when shes on the road in a hotel.
We really just want one that is good for Film/Youtube/Music and Basic Web browsing while travling through airports and commute to work. thats it.

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
If you want... save an extra 50 to make sure... and go with The Archos 7o... That's what I'm waiting on, the specs look GREAT! It has the Captive touch screen, for easy typing. a front camera, 250gb if you save another 50 bucks... and more than likely amazon will ship for free... If you get the 8 gb, it's like 279.. Though, it does what you're asking for, and suppose to have the same processor as the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The Armz Cortex chip. I've done sooooo much research as well, and this is my bet. I'km just wondering which one is better. the Archos 7o, or the 1o. Both seem flawless but wondering if I really need 3 more inches of space =/

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
If anything, wait for a review, I'm sure there will be some flaw, but with Archos at least you know the support is there ^_^ and you're welcome... Plus with 2.2 and flashplayer, oooOoOoO! I'm melting at the prospect of this!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
If anything, wait for a review, I'm sure there will be some flaw, but with Archos at least you know the support is there ^_^ and you're welcome... Plus with 2.2 and flashplayer, oooOoOoO! I'm melting at the prospect of this!
Gee, not sure but I hope ^_^ translates to "look of total sarcasm."

-Matt

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Aw Gadgetrants, don't make me go starry eyed about the wonder of Archos and how it really is the wonderkind of the future of Tablets ;) I admit I am biased about my Archos "fetish". But I also admit Archos has a both glorious history with Support and trying to maximize their profit line. Archos does its best to turn down any solutions or workarounds to its copy protection schema almost as good as Apple. And also charge for codecs which should be integrated.

That does not mean they make a bad product. Their product line has been always directed to what they think is best. This is similar to Apple. I will say though, NO other Tablet will have the high capacity storage sooner than Archos. They have an art of realizing there are those who want not just OS DRAM but also large data stores.

I am still waiting on my Archos 101. Will I be sorry I pre-ordered? Ask me six months after I get it. By the way the 101 is for my wife :)

Oh and to answer to thread title. See my responses to this thread or others
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-discussions/1605-wits-a81e-herotab-x5a.html

Last edited:

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
I just got some good info!

The full Google Marketplace with Gmail, Google Maps now works on Archos new range of Android Internet Tablets, it has been made available in the forum viewtopic.php?f=65&t=38186 This video also features demonstrations of Skype, Bluetooth speakers, 720p MKV high bitrate video playback with DTS audio and a couple of action packed 3D games on the HDMI output.

That's for the smaller Archos 8Gen that's out! Sooooo yea, the 7o, and the 1o1 will be awesome! THe only thing that bugs me is... the ram, if it's just 512 as stated... or if it's going to be 1 gb... I'm hopin' 1gb of ram, but I doubt it will be... Though on another note, I read they can upgrade memory, then again it might just be for storage. =(

Where did you pre-order yours at?!?!?!??

I've been waiting and waiting for Amazon, but Archos seems like the only place up... can't wait for "3 days" the day it comes out to order... apparently =P

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
You know I refuse to argue with you over Archos. If you admit the fetish, then I'll leave it be! And here's an interesting thought: my one and only product (as you know) is a 160GB 605, which still runs well (video playback, yes; web browsing?...no so well). But here's the point...a few weeks ago on a whim, I decided to test battery life (it seemed like it wasn't holding a charge) and so I charged it up, and subsequently got 4.5 hours of video playback. Very impressive.

So as a single data point, I'd say the $320 I paid for that HUGE hard drive in 2007 has served me well. But I also remember the experience of other 605 owners, and have followed the stories of Archos 5 owners, and have lost "affection" for their business model (charging for codecs btw never bugged me). If they were at least "meh" in hardware reliability and technical support, I'm sure I'd be more enthusiastic.

-Matt

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I did the Amazon limited pre-order, I know this is another pre-order location Mp3 Players and other Hi tech products

No idea about when. They did not announce when they brought out the 32 either. It is supposed to hit the market tomorrow. But I have NO idea how soon I will get mine. But my Credit card has not been charged either.

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
does O=o when using numbers? One is letters the other is numbers, ok?

I just got some good info!

The full Google Marketplace with Gmail, Google Maps now works on Archos new range of Android Internet Tablets, it has been made available in the forum viewtopic.php?f=65&t=38186 This video also features demonstrations of Skype, Bluetooth speakers, 720p MKV high bitrate video playback with DTS audio and a couple of action packed 3D games on the HDMI output.

That's for the smaller Archos 8Gen that's out! Sooooo yea, the 7o, and the 1o1 will be awesome! THe only thing that bugs me is... the ram, if it's just 512 as stated... or if it's going to be 1 gb... I'm hopin' 1gb of ram, but I doubt it will be... Though on another note, I read they can upgrade memory, then again it might just be for storage. =(

Where did you pre-order yours at?!?!?!??

I've been waiting and waiting for Amazon, but Archos seems like the only place up... can't wait for "3 days" the day it comes out to order... apparently =P

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
the coby kyros MiD7022 looks good to me here are some specs:
Android OS 2.3
1Ghz samsung processor
7inch capacitive screen
0.3 megapixel camera

hope this helps

Last edited: