Where can the Coby Kyros (Gen 2) be Purchased? Price trends?

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
Where can the Coby Kyros (Gen 2) be Purchased?

Coby 7024 $149.99 Coby 7" Kyros Touch screen Internet Tablet for Android MID70204G in Portable Tablet PCs at JR.com with free shipping!

Good price. However, after looking at that page, I don't think it's the same as the Kyros MID7024-G I have. It is the 70204, at least that is model listed in three different places on that page. It has Android 2.1 (or 2.2 depending on which specs you look at on that page...it says both, so I would confirm with JR.com before purchasing). Also, it indicates a 720MHz processor. Mine is 1GHz. Another difference is that the JR.com specs lists that you can use up to a 16GB microSDHC card, while mine supports 32GB. Outside of those differences, it appears to be 'the same'. :p

Anyway, just wanted to bring that to attention that this 'model' might not be the MID7024-G.

pdomansky

May 31, 2011
Hi, I found QVC.com has the MID1024-4G on sale for $179.96, free shipping.
Everyone else I see has this for at least 266$:confused:... not sure why it is priced so cheap. here are the specs direct from the site.

Coby Kyros 10.1 Diag. Touchscreen Internet Tablet for Android

The perfect portable electronic device to keep up with your busy life. With the Kyros MID1024-4G tablet, you can surf the Web, check your email, view photos, read eBooks, watch movies, or play games no matter where your day takes you. The intuitive 10.1" diagonal capacitive touchscreen, powered by Android 2.2, makes it a breeze to use, and though it's more portable than a laptop, it's still got a powerful 1GHz processor and 4GB of flash memory. Plus, you can also download popular apps and games from the AppsLib marketplace. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it! From Coby.

Wireless capability and use of public wireless locations or hot spots may require a network connection, additional accessories, and a service connection fee.

Access to and use of the Internet may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet Service Provider, DSL line, or more.
Includes MID1024-4G tablet, stereo earphones, USB host/keyboard adapter, AC adapter/charger, stylus pen, protective case, and manual
10.1" diagonal WSVGA TFT LCD color touchscreen display with 1366x798 resolution and auto rotation sensor
1GHz Samsung S5PV210 processor
Android 2.2 operating system
4GB flash memory, expandable up to 32GB
512MB DDR2 RAM
802.11b/g wireless connectivity
Email, Web-browsing access
0.3 megapixel front camera, microphone
Integrated stereo speakers
Document viewer
Aldiko eReader: supports ePub format
Calendar
Alarm clock
Calculator
Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
microSD card slot
Mini USB 2.0, HDMI ports
Audio output
Measures approximately 10-1/2"W x 5/8"H x 4-1/2"L
ETL listed charger; 1-year parts Limited Manufacturer's Warranty, 90-day labor Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in China

I noticed the mis-typed the screen resolution (should read 1024x600).
This looks like it is the newest one too... Any thoughts?

pdomansky

May 31, 2011
Hi, I found QVC.com has the MID1024-4G on sale for $179.96, free shipping.
Everyone else I see has this for at least 266$:confused:... not sure why it is priced so cheap. here are the specs direct from the site.

Coby Kyros 10.1 Diag. Touchscreen Internet Tablet for Android

The perfect portable electronic device to keep up with your busy life. With the Kyros MID1024-4G tablet, you can surf the Web, check your email, view photos, read eBooks, watch movies, or play games no matter where your day takes you. The intuitive 10.1" diagonal capacitive touchscreen, powered by Android 2.2, makes it a breeze to use, and though it's more portable than a laptop, it's still got a powerful 1GHz processor and 4GB of flash memory. Plus, you can also download popular apps and games from the AppsLib marketplace. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it! From Coby.

Wireless capability and use of public wireless locations or hot spots may require a network connection, additional accessories, and a service connection fee.

Access to and use of the Internet may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet Service Provider, DSL line, or more.
Includes MID1024-4G tablet, stereo earphones, USB host/keyboard adapter, AC adapter/charger, stylus pen, protective case, and manual
10.1" diagonal WSVGA TFT LCD color touchscreen display with 1366x798 resolution and auto rotation sensor
1GHz Samsung S5PV210 processor
Android 2.2 operating system
4GB flash memory, expandable up to 32GB
512MB DDR2 RAM
802.11b/g wireless connectivity
Email, Web-browsing access
0.3 megapixel front camera, microphone
Integrated stereo speakers
Document viewer
Aldiko eReader: supports ePub format
Calendar
Alarm clock
Calculator
Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
microSD card slot
Mini USB 2.0, HDMI ports
Audio output
Measures approximately 10-1/2"W x 5/8"H x 4-1/2"L
ETL listed charger; 1-year parts Limited Manufacturer's Warranty, 90-day labor Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in China

I noticed the mis-typed the screen resolution (should read 1024x600).
This looks like it is the newest one too... Any thoughts?

Another note to that, I just called QVC customer service, they verified the product information/specifications, and they also verified that it IS available/NOT on backorder.

HMMMMMMMM....

Cozz

May 30, 2011
Another note to that, I just called QVC customer service, they verified the product information/specifications, and they also verified that it IS available/NOT on backorder.

HMMMMMMMM....

The page is gone. I do feel there was an error somewhere as the 7" is still 189.86

pdomansky

May 31, 2011
The page is gone. I do feel there was an error somewhere as the 7" is still 189.86

You are right, the page is gone now. I called them again and they said the ship date is still set for June 9th. That would be great if there was a price misprint and I ended up getting the mid1024 for 179.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
QVC still the the MID1024 for $179.96 with 2x2 payments of $89.88 along with free shipping Until last night! It's gone now off the site..

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
I paid 159.99 brand new from Amazon shipped, i received mine today and im already falling deeply in love with it. Amazon for the win and AndroidTablets.net forums for the win for helping me learn how to get the most out of my purchase.

Stevo

Jun 21, 2011
Picked up a 7022 from Toys R Us for $179.99, and it came with a $20 gift card. So far, I'm very happy with it.

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
Bought mine on Father' Day for $179 from Toys-R-Us in Dublin, OH.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Got the 7024 from Walmart for $169 and the 7022 from ToysRUs for $179, received a $25 gift card with the purchase, so more like $154.

Stevo

Jun 21, 2011
My local Brandsmart is advertising a Coby 10incher with capacitive screen for $259. It's the brand new version of the 7022, only 10 inches.